CH 35 The Bitter Story

My mother gasped. "No... don't tell me... you were responsible for that incident?!" She said, raising her voice in anger.

Azrael hesitated, "Yes... I was the one responsible."

My tears started forming as I blinked them back. "Tell her how it started. Tell her everything." I whispered, my pain evident.

I could sense the pain and regret Azrael was feeling, but he had no choice.

My former best friend breathed in, exhaling sadly. "I fell into peer pressure... and it started as..."

FLASHBACK

***

WARNING: WILL INCLUDE SEXUAL HARASSMENT

AZRAEL'S POV

"Heh, check out that hottie." Calvin whispered, nudging me.

I looked to where he was pointing, noting it was another classmate of mine.

"Doesn't she dress kinda slutty? I mean, look at those honker honkers! She's like begging for me to touch them." Justin commented, smirking as he looked up and down.

"Her name is Jessica, isn't it? Or was it Brittney?" Andrew asked, pushing his glasses up.

I sighed, shaking my head. "Guys, just because she is wearing something a little revealing, doesn't mean she's a slut. So what if she shows a little skin? Oh no, I'm showing my shoulders. Are they distracting you?" I mocked, annoyed of their behavior.

Her name was Jesse and she was one of the sweetest girls I knew.

"Oh look, it's Azrael... the defender of sluts..." Justin said, smacking the back of my shoulder in playfulness.

I rolled my eyes, "Haha, very funny. But I'm serious guys. Sometimes, women want to dress up to feel good about themselves or they want to express themselves. It's no wonder why they can't do that without being sexually preyed upon or being called derogatory names. Then we question why our girlfriends self esteems are so low."

"That's because they compare themselves to other women. You see, they preach about hyping the others girls up, but when a female is actually confident, they try to bring their self esteem down. Does that make any sense to you whatsoever?" Andrew said, cocking a brow.

"See? Andrew understands that women are complicated creatures." Justin said, crossing his arms.

They all knew where I was coming from, but they were just them. We couldn't understand the other gender without being in their shoes.

"Well... we're complicated too. You can't just say they're the problem." I retaliated, frowning.

Cornelius snickered at our dispute. "Haha, you guys are losers. Those are not important right now. While you little boys were arguing, I just found my next target. She's a total babe. See that girl over there?" He said, pointing somewhere in the middle of the hallway.

Following to where he was pointing, my eyes landed on one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.

Her name was Coco Lee.

And meeting her... was one of the worst... yet best things that's ever happened in my life.

A/N:

So... it looks like Azrael knew Cornelius from back then...