CH 41 It can't be true

Coco's POV:

A few days later ~

"Rhea? Have you seen Azrael anywhere?" I asked, flipping a page in one of her books.

Since the day my mom almost caught me and Azrael kissing and her punching him, I haven't seen him since. It's almost like he disappeared from the pack or something.

We finished prepping the dinner mostly and I ended up serving the pack dinner with my mom's help. But.. Azrael never returned.

Rhea cocked a brow, "Why are you asking me about your ex-mate again? This is like the 10th time you've talked about him."

I quickly shut my mouth, realizing it has been more than ten times. She was only saying 10 to be nice.

Why am I asking about Azrael again? Didn't I want nothing to do with him?

Closing my eyes, I quickly closed my book. "I honestly... have no idea why I'm asking about him. He just... vanished. Didn't say a word to me after what happened."

Sighing, I just lifted my arm over my eyes.

Sometimes, you find the most peace in the darkness.

"Well... to be honest Coco... I don't blame him." Rhea casually spoke, playing with the ends of her hair while kicking her legs back and forth in her tall chair.

I shot up, upset all of a sudden.

"What do you mean you don't blame him? He ghosted me all of a sudden!" I yelled.

Rhea blinked, "Okay, first off... chill. I only said what I saw. Think of it this way, your mom, the Beta... punched him. Then, his mate or rather soon to be permanent ex-mate, said nothing to comfort him. You let him walk away. He's hurt and probably loathing himself."

I thought quietly for a moment, humming.

'Do you think she's right, Mist?' I linked her.

'I'm already tired from your nonsense human. You hurt our mate.' She snarled.

'He hurt me first. I'm just finishing what he started.' I replied, rolling my eyes before cutting off the mind link.

I could hear her somewhere calling me childish.

Whatever.

"Even so, it's not appropriate to just leave me hanging like that. Although we don't always get along, he is a friend. I'm going to go look for him." I said, hopping off Rhea's bed.

Rhea, who was watching me calmly followed me out of her room. "Alright, be safe. I hope you'll consider my advice." She spoke before closing the door to her house. The wind blew, my eyes shutting briefly before I trotted away from Rhea's house.

As I walked the cobblestone path, I could smell something very familiar.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen Cornelius since that date incident. He was really angry about it. I didn't even get a text from him afterwards and I forgot to text him first. I'm always texting him first nowadays and he rarely replies. These days, I feel like I'm the one who tries too hard and they claim that they're the ones who are doing the most effort.

Since Azrael came into the picture, it's gotten harder to deal with Cornelius.

Azrael...

Why am I thinking about him, again?

I shook my head. Seriously, what the hell has been with me these past few days? I've been out of it and Mist has been more absent than usual.

Rhea's words didn't leave me though. Was she right? Is that why Azrael left?

These days, I've become more conflicted as time passed on. I was so sure of my future... and now, I'm not. I've never felt so lost again.

I'll just find Cornelius.

He'll know what to do to keep my mind off everything.

As I walked around to find Cornelius, I picked up the smell of the sky. It was going to rain soon, which meant that I should head back inside. Judging my the dark clouds and how windy it is, it's going to be a severe thunderstorm.

I needed to hurry.

Fastening my pace to follow Cornelius's scent, I came near the woods when I started hearing what I feared the most.

Sex noises.

What. The. Fuck.

It couldn't be, could it? I'm imagining it. But my body wasn't listening to my mind.

Suddenly, I was sprinting. My heart pounding as the adrenaline rushed through me. Anxiousness filled my entire being as I became fearful of what I was sensing. I could feel the wind blow past me as my hair flowed along with my speed and my eyes started to water.

Coming to a sudden stop, my heart freezes. The coldness filling me again. I felt the shattering of my broken heart all over and the helplessness that came along with it. The only thing remaining was that void, as I fell deeper and deeper in with no one to save me.

"Cornelius...?"

My boyfriend, who I gave everything up for after my heartbreak...

Was having sex with a girl who tried to flirt with Azrael many days ago.

Nia Huens.

And everything fell beneath me again.