CH 29 Date night

Growling in frustration from the 12 year old's rampage, I slumped on the couch, breathing out a heavy sigh of utter exhaustion.

I thought being a babysitter was easy, but perhaps I was wrong.

Then again, not all jobs were easy.

Some people had it easy since once they tried it, they were already perfect at it.

Closing my eyes, I'm nearing my part of overthinking, but the door of a nap. It's almost like you're walking to the door, and about to open it when suddenly, an interruption occurs. I slip away, away from the void and back into the light.

My damn phone vibrates from a notification.

Groaning, I grab my phone and unlock it, scrolling my messages.

It was from Cornelius.

Jumping up from the couch, I read it quickly. My excitement was probably larger than it should be, but I forgave him for what he said earlier. Maybe he wanted to apologize, that's why he texted me. I should have known better, since having my expectations too high can end in utter disappointment.

"Don't forget, our date is tonight. Dress nice, and don't embarrass me."

Motherfucker.

Sighing, I slid my phone into my back pocket. Here I thought he was going to apologize for earlier, but I guess not. Sometimes my judgment just sucks ass, but whatever. I needed to get ready for my date and fast, Cornelius hates it when I'm late for dates but again, who doesn't?

Racing upstairs, I pause when a sudden thought hits me.

Oh shit, I forgot about Rhea!

Debating on my two choices, I suited up with my dress and decided to wing it.

Duty first!

Plus, I was getting paid to do it.

***

"Babe, hello? Hello?"

I blinked, turning my attention back on him. "Huh? Sorry, Cornelius. I was... um... thinking."

Turns out, instead of our date becoming a just me and him or our friends, it became me, him, and Rhea. A three person group, and it was severely awkward and not romantic.

Of course, when I showed up with Rhea, he wasn't pleased.

Then again, he hasn't been pleased ever since Azrael started coming in the picture, and I was hoping to fix that by tonight, so everything could go back to the way it was.

He seemed impatient with me, as his frown was still evident. "Yes, you've been day dreaming for the past few days. What's up with you lately? My girl wouldn't act this way. Plus, what's with the kid beside you? She was just staring at me."

Rhea continued to read her book beside me silently, as if she wasn't taking his bullshit.

I rolled my eyes, having enough with his bullshit as well.

"You know what, Cornelius? You keep asking why I'm suddenly all different, but have you looked at yourself? You're totally different, more so than before we dated. It makes me wonder if it's your true colors I'm seeing." I hissed, slamming my hand on top of the table.

He looks stunned before reverting back to an angry expression. "You little-"

"Excuse me, sir. I'm your waiter for the evening." A voice suddenly interrupted.

My ears started ringing, skin started burning as my wolf howled in happiness. Her paws thumped around, ears tucked and tail wagging.

My eyes soon became bigger as I realized who it was that was our waiter.

The bond still shook my core, but not as much if I didn't reject him.

My mate, Azrael, was standing tall, and dashingly handsome in his uniform. His lean form easily shone, and his professional aura rolled out in waves, to the point it had my wolf begging for him.

In the corner of my eye, I could feel the rage radiating off of Cornelius, his expression expressing the hatred he was feeling for Azrael at the moment. Ignoring my boyfriend, I peered up to Azrael, asking, "What are you doing here?"

He tilted his head in confusion, seeming surprised to see me as I am to see him.

"What do you mean? I work here part-time."

"And you're our waiter?" I asked in shock.

He nods.

"Well, isn't this date going just great?" Rhea suddenly chirps up.

Yes, just peachy.

A/N: Changeapproved Here babes! I told you I would get around to it! ❤️😊 I'm so sorry for the wait everyone! But the chapter is finally out and I do plan on finishing this book! Hopefully the wait was worth it because I have more up my sleeve! 😈