CH 10: Training

It was Saturday morning, the morning where I found myself in Azrael's bed.

I decided to distract myself with a few plans of my own today.

Smiling ear to ear, my eyes twinkled for the things I was going to do today. I planned to go to the mall with my girls first, then a group date with Cornelius, and some combat training afterwards alone.

I mean, I am one of the best female fighters this pack has.

Humming after I brushed my teeth and picked out my clothes, a hard knock sounded on my bedroom door.

Putting my comb down, I push my hair to the side. Checking myself one last time in the mirror, I'm about to pull myself back when the knock on my door sounded again. This time, louder than before.

Annoyed, I click my tongue and stomp to the door. Unlocking it, I open the door swiftly, my eyes narrowed but soon increased at who was at my bedroom door.

"Mom... may I help you with something?" I grumbled, closing my door a bit to let her know she wasn't welcomed here.

She crossed her arms, not bothered by my attitude.

"Actually, yes. I have a task for you."

I frowned, skeptical. "A task?"

Mom inhaled a breath in and exhaled out, calmly explaining to me. "Yes, a task. It's something no one else should do and can do." she pauses, thinking. "You're going to be training Azrael for the upcoming male wolves combat competitions."

"What?! Are you serious?! I refuse!" I fumed, throwing my hands in the air in protest.

She placed her hands on her hips, eyes staring down into my soul with disapproval. "That was not a question, Coco. It was an order. Your Alpha and Luna asked this of you, so please uphold their wishes. He is our special guest after all. Do not make this pack look bad."

I lowered my eyes to the ground with her power rolling off in waves. Even though I was her daughter, she was still the beta female. I don't own the title yet.

Seething our my frustration, I reply angrily, "As you wish. I'll train Azrael to the best of my abilities."

Mom studied me for a few moments. She then cupped my chin to look at her, my gaze locked with her knowing eyes.

"Any plans you've made will be cancelled today. You will start training him today, understood?" She bellowed.

I gritted my teeth until my fangs came out, reluctantly replying with, "Yes, I understand."

She nods in approval, voicing out as she walked away, "Good girl. That's the daughter your father and I are proud of. I'm glad we raised you this way."

Not able to hold back my anger any longer, I argued as her figure disappeared, "You? Him? Raise me? He has never been part of my life so far. Don't you dare bring him up in this conversation! Worse, you're not even there for me either, Mother. You never were!"

Mom paused in her tracks, not looking back.

I could sense that she swallowed deeply, her feeble whisper of, "Perhaps it was for the best that I wasn't there. I'm sorry, Coco."

That was all she said before she went back into her office to do more paperwork.

I was surprised that she apologized, but it didn't work on me. I didn't even understand why she said such words, but that was my mom. She was always a mystery.

Sorry doesn't cut it, mom. Actions speak louder than words.

The whole atmosphere felt bittersweet yet dark at the same time. It didn't improve my mood for what I had to do next.

I called Cornelius and my girls to cancel our plans for the day. Their disappointment was easily noticible, but Cornelius understood.

That was probably one of the best things about him; his mature nature.

Sighing, I put the clothes I've picked out for today and changed into a pair of leggings and a sports bra. It was going to be chilly in the morning, so I wore a North Face sweater. My shoes were combat made, ready as ever for a fight.

I gathered my blonde hair into a ponytail, tying it tightly as possible so not even a strand of hair would fall out during the training.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I stride towards the door and open it. I close my bedroom door softly with a click, turning around quickly to find Azrael. My shoes patted on the stairs as I reached the bottom. The alpha and Luna, with their son, Kronos were chatting merrily in the living room.

My mom was near them, quiet with paperwork in her hands.

I ignored the tugs of pain in my heart when I spotted her, but they vanished quickly as they came.

The alpha and Luna quickly spotted me and waved at me, smiling. Kronos hid behind his mothers arm but waved at me back. I couldn't help the smile that reached my face, Kronos was indeed a cute little boy.

His smile was contagious.

Alpha Ouranos immediately boomed at me, pleased. "Coco, are you going to train Azrael?"

I nodded, facing him fully with respect. "Yes, sir. I am."

The Luna leans into her mates arm, "That is great dear. Please go easy on him, he's not yet to be used to training."

I nodded, asking, "Do you know where he is?"

Kronos pointed out at the window behind him, speaking in a meek voice, "He's out there."

'He is so adorable...' My wolf whispered.

"I couldn't agree anymore." I replied, holding back a squeal.

I grinned at him, showing my gratitude. "Thank you, Kronos. You're very helpful."

His cheeks tinted with pink as he quickly looked away, nodding shyly. Laughing softly, I reached my handle on the door and prepared for the worst.

I can't believe I'm training my mate.

Ex-mate.