CH 46 Grow

Azrael's POV:

My wolf Xenon whimpered, whining.

'Human, I don't know if I can hold it back anymore. It's too much.'

'We can do it. Just a few more days.'

'I can do a few days...' He said, groaning as his form started to flatter.

'We're strong, Xenon. We can do it.'

***

I blinked, waking up. Turning my head, I can see Coco peacefully asleep in my arms. A small smile tugged at my lips.

'Xenon, are you there?'

It was dead silent.

Trying a little harder, I continued with my attempts to speak to my wolf. 'Xenon, can you hear me?'

Still no response.

A sigh escaped from me.

I could feel the suppressed pain he was holding back for me. It must have taken all of his energy to keep it together. Even though I couldn't actually feel it, it was more like light pokes around my body.

Sensing my displeasure, Coco started to move around in my arms. I tried to keep her asleep by caressing her head softly, but she woke up anyways.

".. Azrael?" She mumbled.

"I'm here love. I'm right here." I replied, kissing her on the top of the head.

A smile made it's way to her face.

"You know... I think I forgive you." She muttered, her head buried in my chest.

What did she say?

"Say that again." I said, my heart racing.

"I said, I forgive you." She repeated, this time more firmly as she tilted her head up and looked me in the eyes.

"Why?"

"Azrael... I know what you did to me was awful. You played with my feelings and embarrassed me. You really did hurt me... However, I've seen you change. You showed me." Coco paused, her cheeks flushing red.

"I was in heat last night... and you didn't do anything to me forcefully. Not only did you save me from Cornelius, but you kept me safe." She added, smiling ear to ear.

I couldn't believe what she was saying. My heart continued to keep racing. "Are you sure? You don't need to forgive me just yet. I'll wait however long I need to wait for you."

"Yes, I'm sure." She reassured.

Tears started to prick the corners of my eyes. "I promise I'll spend everyday proving my love for you. My feelings for you are sincere and I will do my best to never hurt you again."

Coco smiled at my words, "You better. I'm scared still to get hurt... but you have to enter relationships knowing that you can possibly get hurt. That things will not always go the way you want. It's not perfect."

"It may not be perfect, but you are, Coco. To me, you're my world." I replied, hugging her tightly.

"Are you trying to hide that you're crying?" She teased. I could feel her smirking. "It's okay to cry you know? I actually like it if guys cry in front of me. Makes me feel special because I will never judge you."

I rolled my eyes, burying my face into her shoulder. "Let me enjoy the moment please." I replied, kissing her on the neck.

She shivered, which aroused me.

Clearing my throat, I moved in a way to hide my raging erection. Felt like it was going to pop out of my pants any day now.

Moments pass before Coco started to brush my head softly. Her fingers danced along my hair, combing it gently.

"Hey... Azrael?" Her voice hesitant.

"Yes?"

Another second passes before she decides to speak. "I feel like I've been childish in the beginning when you returned to the pack. I know I've been stubborn and irritating. I'm even hypocritical sometimes. For that, I'm sorry. I'm not that bright and I'm honestly trying to not be so closed-minded. It's difficult."

Smiling, I lifted my head and bumped my head against hers softly. "Hey... you know, it takes a lot for someone to admit their fault, right? Not everyone sees if they have a problem or not. The first step is admitting and realizing it. We're teenagers, technically still children. We haven't even reached adulthood yet."

Coco bit the corner of her lip, eyebrows furrowing. Her eyes closed, showing she had immense guilt.

"Yeah... but I should have known better. Like for that instance, you asked me about me dying my hair. Then I went on a whole tangent on my whole life story. No one asked and I just feel stupid."

I shook my head, holding her hands.

"That's because you were forced to grow up at a young age and no one asked how you really felt. It's okay. Again, everyone expects that as teenagers, we should know everything and that we should automatically think and act like adults. Everyone progresses differently. It's a self pace area and it's okay."

Coco didn't seem to believe me as she went silent, so I continued.

"Your mom wasn't the best mother either. You didn't really have both parents present in your life. It's difficult since your mother is basically playing the role model of the mom and dad. That doesn't excuse her behavior though. She could have helped you better." I added, reassuring her.

"Plus... I fucked up too and caused you to have trust issues. We all have our traumas from someone that made us who we are. Don't worry, we will learn and grow together." I added.

She nods, finally smiling. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I said, kissing her on the forehead.

"Actually... one more thing."

"Hm?"

My mate sighed, "I have some unfinished business with some of my friends and ex-boyfriend."

I frowned, not trusting Cornelius. That fucking prick, I swear I'll kill that asshole.

"Will you be okay?"

She nods, seeming determined. "Better than okay. It's time I cut them off. They were no good to me. I want to start over and not pretend to be someone I'm not. I was being delusional. It's time for me to face reality."

Trusting her judgment, I put out one condition. "Alright, that sounds good. I'll be coming along though, just in case. I'll be around the corner or something just in case that jackass does something to you. Is that alright with you?"

"Haha, yes. That's fine. Let's get ready and go now. School should be starting soon. I'll meet them there and end things."

I nodded, jumping up from the bed to get ready.

This will be a long day.

***

Soon enough, we were at school.

I dropped Coco off and she gave me a kiss on the lips before waving goodbye to me. Class didn't start for another 20 minutes, so I waited nearby where Cornelius and her gang usually hang out.

Coco was soon with them, as it seemed normal at first. I took my eyes off her for a few moments, trying to contact my wolf again.

'Xenon, are you alright?'

A few attempts later, there was still no reply. I signed, ruffling my hair in frustration.

I hope he's fine.

Lost in my thoughts, I closed my eyes briefly as the pain inside was making me nauseous. Xenon was going through a lot.

Suddenly, a loud slap echoed through the hall. Opening my eyes, I turned quickly from the corner and it was none other than Cornelius and Coco.

She had slapped Cornelius.

For fuck sakes.