CH 42 Done

Coco's POV:

Droplets of rain started to pour down on me as I stared blankly at the scene in front of me. The pitter patter of the rain continued to get heavier as I stayed silent. How many seconds or minutes have passed since I've arrived to Cornelius having sex with Nia? I had no idea, but I felt numb. What felt like just a few passing moments, was like a eternity. It was god awful.

Maybe something snapped within me or I was finally losing it. The only sounds that came from me me was my laugher because I couldn't help but start chuckling pitifully. This is what the moon goddess had to give me after dealing with the heartbreak with Azrael. One heartbreak after another. This is why I never got my hopes up too high, because I was always so scared I'll get disappointed again. I thought that if I kept everyone out of arms reach, I wouldn't be heart again.

But that damn double edge sword got me. There was always a saying that if you care too much, you get hurt. If you care too little, you get hurt as well. It feels like whatever I do is never enough, because I get the same ending result or someone else wants more. I can never win. It's always my fault. When will this end?

Finally, with all my strength, I gritted out, "Oh, so this is where you were! I was looking all over for you, darling." I chirped, forcing my smile.

My clothes started to cling on me, but I didn't care.

Why should I give a damn anymore?

This isn't the first time my heart has been broken.

Cornelius, who was quiet as he watched me, only glared. "Don't look at me like that, Coco. We all knew things would end once I found my mate. Now that I found her, it's only natural that I breed and mark her. We were already over a long time ago anyways, especially because you seem interested in that bastard, Azrael."

Pain, pain, fly away... my heart throbbed. Everything hurts. I clenched my hands, my eyes swirling with black as Mist wanted to come out. Just to tear Cornelius's throat out. It was absolute bullshit because he gave his first kiss to me and didn't care about his mate!

Nia, who was silent throughout this, sneered at me. "Wow Coco, did you really think Cornelius and you would last? Do you know what Cornelius is to me?"

Confused, I blinked once more. Frowning. What does she mean? Wait...

"We're mates."

***

Azrael's POV:

How many days have passed since then? I wondered, debating whether or not I should return to the pack. I went into human civilization for a few days. Mingling with humans but I wasn't interested.

It was just a way to past time.

Groaning, my heart throbbed again.

Fuck...

'Human... I do not feel good about this. Let's head back.' Xenon growled, seeming impatient.

I nodded, quickly heading back to the pack. It took only a few hours before I finally returned but something was off. The sky roared as lighting struck across the sky. The rain grew heavy as the ground make mushy with water. It was becoming all muddy.

Werewolves were not new to the rain. We were fine with any climate and adapted as time passed, but somewhere along those lines, I sensed Coco's scent. It was brief but I could tell something was wrong.

Very wrong.

Is that the smell of sex?

And for once in my life again, I got scared. I didn't know what to expect. Coco wouldn't do that with Cornelius, would she? I smelled Cornelius and a very faint scent of another female but maybe it was someone from the pack walking around.