[51]

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors and similes." Ms. Blake started her lecture. "All tools the writer uses to tell their story." The woman shot a kind smile to Willow as she passed her. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents." Willow turned to her left and saw the strawberry blonde scribbling a tree on her notebook.

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia replied with a smile making Willow stifle a chuckle.

"Well, that was an idiom by the way. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words." Ms. Blake continued. "Saying jump the gun is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race or a phrase like seeing the whole board."

"Like chess." Stiles spoke up.

"That's right, Stiles. Do you play?"

"Oh, no. My father does." Stiles replied and turned back to shoot a wink at Willow.

"Now, when does an idiom become a cliché?"

"When it has been overused." Willow replied, tapping her pen on the desk.

"Correct, Willow." Ms. Blake smiled at her. "Would you care to give us an example?"

"Like saying it's raining cats and dogs." Willow replied after thinking for a second.

"Going through Aiden." Willow heard Stiles whisper to Scott when Ms. Blake continued her lecture. "Ever since he's been back at school, they're always together. How are we gonna separate them again?"

Willow saw them turn around and look at Lydia with expectant eyes making the girl sigh.

"What now?"

"I believe they want you to distract Aiden which by the way I am completely against it." Willow whispered narrowing her eyes at the two guys in front of them.

"Wha- why?" Stiles asked taken aback.

"If you haven't noticed Sti, the guy's a murderer." Willow replied with wide eyes. "You can't be alone with him." She addressed Lydia in worry.

"I'll be fine Willow." Lydia put a hand on Willow's shaking leg. "You'll know if I'm in danger."

"Ugh, fine." Willow groaned, being one against three.

"Why are you even talking to me?" Ethan asked as they led him to a quiet corner. "I helped kill your friend. How do you know I'm not gonna kill another one?" He finished looking at Stiles making Willow take a protective step in front of her boyfriend.

"Is he looking at me?" Stiles asked Willow. "Are you threatening me? You know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe and shove it up your freaking ass you-"

"Whoa! Stiles, okay. We get it." Scott stepped up, patting Stiles' chest with a nervous laugh. "We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd. And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again."

"You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion." Ethan replied crossing his arms. "We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him."

"What?" Willow asked with a sarcastic smile. "Complete psychos?"

"Nice one." Stiles commented with a matching smile.

"We weren't Alphas." Ethan corrected them with a glare.

"What were you?" Scott asked trying to get answers out of Ethan.

"Omegas. In actual wolf packs, Omegas are the scapegoat, the last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack."