[48]

"Good morning." Ms. Blake entered the classroom with a shy smile. "As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing. I mean sick. Anyways, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place." She nervously rambled on as Willow rubbed her temples, she was tired from the lack of sleep. "Okay, so let's get started, shall we?"

"Hey, my dad said that the ER attending wasn't strangled but did die from asphyxiation." Stiles whispered to Scott, making Willow turn back. "They just don't know how."

"Do you think the on call doctor could still be alive?" Scott asked her, confusing her.

"How would I know Scotty?" She shot back with a frown.

"I don't know. Don't you hear them or something?"

"Not this time." Willow shook her head.

"Look, there's got to be at least 20 other doctors in that hospital." Stiles spoke up. "At least. You know? Any one of them could be next." Scott's phone started to buzz before they could say anything.

"Hey, Doc. Sorry, I'm in class right now." He whispered, leaning down. "Can I call you back later?" Willow and Stiles watched as Scott's face morphed into panic and worry. "Doc, doc, doc, doc. What's happening?"

"Scotty?" Willow said when Scott lowered his phone.

"The Darach. It's taking Deaton." Scott replied before jumping up and rushing out of the door.

"Mr. McCall? Mr. McCall!" Ms. Blake called after him but he was already out of earshot.

"Sti, call you dad." Willow whispered to Stiles before turning around. "Uh, he was having stomach problems." She told Ms. Blake which just came out more of a question than a statement.

Stiles and Willow rushed out to the parking lot when the bell rang and scrambled onto his jeep.

"How did I not see this coming?" Willow groaned, hitting her head back on the headrest.

"Come on, Wills. Don't blame yourself." Stiles replied as he took the turn towards the animal clinic.

"This is Deaton, Sti. I should've known..." She was nervously tapping her fingers on her knee when Stiles reached out and interlocked their hands as he kept one hand on the steering wheel.

"Just breathe." He shot a quick glance at her with a smile.

Willow felt herself getting calmer as he tightly held onto her hand, like he was her anchor. She gratefully squeezed his hand and let out a deep breath. Stiles parked behind his father's cruiser and both of the teens ran inside to find Scott.

"Scott!" Stiles called out seeing him sitting in the waiting area.

"He's gone." Scott replied in defeat, looking down.

Willow gulped and felt the hairs on her skin rise as something led her to the examination room. She cautiously walked around, trying to find something when she heard the whispers. With shaky legs, she bent down to the source of the sound and reached under the table.

"Willow?" Scott asked seeing her slowly stand back up. "Anything?"

"Definitely the Darach..." She replied with a small voice, holding up the dead butterfly in her hands. "We have to find him."

She wiped her hands after putting the butterfly on the table and joining Stiles and his dad.

"All right, we're gonna do everything we can." Sheriff said trying to calm the teenagers. "Right now, the best thing you can do is go back to school."