[45]

"Yo, Scotty? Still with me?" Stiles snapped his fingers as Willow rested her head against the window, looking out.

"Yeah, sorry." She heard Scott reply. "Uh, what's the word?"

"Anachronism."

"Something that exists out of its normal time."

Willow blocked their conversation as they were studying for the PSATs. She felt like her head was about to split in half any second as she tried to take deep breaths. Her hands wrapped around her waist, she pulled her legs up, trying to get comfortable. Maybe you're just car sick, she thought to herself. Which would be a first time but a girl could hope it was just that.

"Darach, it's a noun." Stiles voice made her face them. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for like five hours so why not?" Scott closed his eyes, resting his head against the glass. "Next word." Stiles cleared his throat. "Intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate." Scott replied as the bus went over a pothole making Scott groan.

"Oh buddy, you okay? We shouldn't have come." Stiles said shaking his head. "I knew it, we shouldn't have come."

"We had to." Scott breathed out. "There's safety in numbers."

"Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers okay? It's called a massacre or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's..." Stiles stopped listing when Scott groaned in pain again. "All right Scott, I'm telling Coach that-"

"No, no, no. I'm all right."

"Well, you don't look all right. Would you just let me see it?" Stiles argued as Willow took in deep breaths, hoping she wouldn't throw up.

"No, I'm okay."

"Just let me see it, okay?" Stiles argued making Scott carefully lift up his shirt. "Oh, dude..."

"I know it's bad but it's because they're from an Alpha." Scott explained, pulling his shirt down. "It'll take longer to heal."

"How come Boyd and Isaac are fine then?" Stiles asked nodding towards the two betas.

"I can't believe he's dead. I can't believe Derek's dead."

"Wills?" Stiles turned to his right when he heard the girl take in a sharp breath.

"It's Scott." She replied her eyes shining violet for a second. "I don't know why or how but it's affecting me too."

She winced when the Coach sharply blew his whistle making her headache worse.

"Two of you, back in your seats. Jared, again, car sick? Every- how do you even get on the bus? Look at me. No, don't look at me. Look at the horizon. Keep your eyes on the horizon." She heard Coach say. "McCall, not you too and Harper? Really?" He asked disappointed.

"No, Coach, I'm good." Scott cleared his voice and gave a pained smile.

"Just a migraine." Willow replied making the man exhale in relief.

"Hey, Scott, you're bleeding again." Stiles pointed at the blood. "And don't tell me that it's just taking longer to heal, okay? Because I'm pretty sure that still bleeding means not healing, like, at all."

"He's right." Willow leaned towards Stiles. "Scotty, you gotta let me do something." She held out her hand towards him but he grabbed her wrist and put a finger on his lips.

"Shh. He's listening." He nodded towards Ethan.

"Is he gonna do something?"

"Not in front of this many people." Scott shook his head as Willow saw Ethan give a small smirk.