[76]

Willow tightly held onto the crossbow Allison had given her, helping Stiles up as they walked towards the school. They reached the double doors and as Scott was about to push them open, Stiles stopped him.

"Scott, hold on." He spoke up, unwrapping Willow's arms to stand alone. "I know what you're all thinking. That if this works, it might kill me too." He could see the worried looks on their faces. "But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

"The plan is to save you." Scott spoke up with determination. "That's the plan we're going with."

"We're not giving up on you." Willow grabbed his hand with a weak smile and nodded at Scott.

Walking through the doors, the group found themselves in the garden of the yakuza compound, covered in snow. The doors creaked behind them, shutting loudly.

"Oh, this is definitely not part of the plan." Stiles looked around with a taken aback look.

Willow shivered, cold air nipping at her skin. They all turned around when they heard footsteps. The Nogitsune in its bandaged form stepped out of the shadows and stood in front of the doors. Kira took out her katana from its sheath as Willow raised the crossbow, quickly shooting an arrow. The Nogitsune snarled at her and yanked the arrow out of his shoulder.

"Like I promised, Stiles." He spoke up with a throaty voice. "We're going to kill all of them. One by one."

Two Onis appeared out of thin air and made a move to slash at them but Kira stopped it. Willow looked back to check on Stiles and Lydia and saw that there were two more Onis behind them.

"What the hell is this?" Scott asked with a frown. "Where are we?"

"Between life and death." The Nogitsune replied as the Oni took a step towards them.

"Bardo."

"But there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia." The Nogitsune shook his head. "You're dying, Stiles. And now everyone you care about is dying too."

"What?" Stiles asked not wanting anyone else to get hurt. "What do you mean?"

"I've captured almost all of the territories on the board, Stiles." He replied hobbling around. "The hospital. The sheriff's station. And now the animal clinic." He closed his fist, claiming the territories. "Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?"

"No and I don't want to." Stiles replied as the Nogitsune started walking towards them.

Willow quickly stepped in front of him, making sure Lydia was behind her as well.

"When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor but that's not the cut that kills him." The Nogitsune explained much to their disdain. "The killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana. Scott..." He looked at the Werewolf with a snarl. "Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles and you're going to let him." Willow and Kira looked at the closing in Oni with worried eyes, their weapons held high. "Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade. Unless Scott kills you first."

"Why?" Stiles asked as he was almost face to face with the Nogitsune. "Why are you doing this?"

"To win the game." He replied as the Oni pointed their katanas at them.

"Get back." Willow pushed Stiles and Lydia out of the Onis' way.

Scott fully wolfs out as Kira and Willow prepare to fight the demonic ninjas once again. The trio stand back to back, surrounded by four Onis as they do their best to gain the upper hand.