[3]

"Seriously Scott, I'll buy you ten inhalers." Willow groaned as she once again accompanied her two best friends to the preserve. Willow knew she was set off better than her best friends and she wouldn't normally offer things like this as they wouldn't accept her offer but this time was different. This time there was a homicidal maniac running around in the preserve.

"Hey, I want to see the body." Stiles shot her a look as he got out of his jeep.

"There's something seriously wrong with you Stiles." The brunette haired girl shook her head at him. She couldn't fathom why he would want to see a cut off corpse of a girl.

"But you love it." Stiles shot back with a huge grin, wriggling his eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

"You wish." Willow scoffed as they walked deeper into the forest.

Willow had talked to her aunt about Scott taking the bite and as much as she believed she should tell him what was happening, Aunt River convinced her otherwise saying he wouldn't believe her. Willow wondered how they'd react, if they would get mad at her for hiding something this big about her and about the world. She wondered if it would freak them out. Stiles would love it, she thought with a smile imagining what his reaction would be. Willow snapped out of her thoughts when she stepped in a small pond.

"For fuck's sake!" She muttered under her breath as she looked at her ruined sneakers.

"I don't- I don't know what it was." She heard Scott stammer. "It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing." Willow felt her heart quicken its pace. "I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things." Scott added, clearly freaked out about the whole ordeal.

"Smell things? Like what?" Stiles asked with an amused smile, clearly not believing him.

"Like Mint Mojito gum in your pocket." Scott sniffed the air looking at Stiles. "Or the..." He stopped for a moment looking at Willow. "Cigarette smell coming from Willow." Willow froze in her spot. She had told them she quit, covering the smell up as best as she could.

"I don't even have any Mint Mojito...Wait what?" Stiles was holding a gum in his hands when he realized what Scott said. "Wills? You said you quit." He gave the girl a saddened look.

"Moving on... So all this started with the bite?" Willow started walking again, throwing the topic off from her and back on Scott.

"What if it's like an infection, like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?" Scott asked worried about what was happening to him. Willow felt bad for not explaining to him but she didn't know where to start. Hey, Scott. Supernatural beings exist and an alpha bit you so you're a werewolf now. Congratulations? Yeah, that didn't seem convincing enough for her either.

"You know what? I actually think I've heard of this." Stiles spoke up with a serious look. "It's a specific kind of infection." He added freaking Scott out even more.

"Are you serious?" The shaggy haired boy asked with wide eyes as Willow waited for what he came up with this time.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy." Willow almost choked on her spit whereas Scott looked even more frightened not knowing what it meant.

"What's that? Is that bad?" He asked with worry as Stiles grimly nodded.

"Oh, yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month." The buzzcut haired boy shot a wink at Willow, clearly mocking Scott.

"Once a month?" Scott was even more confused, if that was even possible.

"Mmm hmm." Stiles nodded putting his hands on his waist. "On the night of the full moon." He stopped and howled making Scott shoot him a glare. "You two are the ones who heard a wolf howling." He put up his hands in defense.