[74]

"It's really you." Willow breathed out as she wrapped her arms around Stiles, never wanting to let go.

Stiles too, relaxed in the hug as Willow tightly held onto him. Scott and Melissa watched the interaction with small smiles. Willow reluctantly let him go so Scott could do the same thing.

"We should uh..." Stiles nervously spoke up. "We should tell my dad about Lydia."

"I'll drive." Willow offered, grabbing her keys.

It was one of those rare moments where Stiles didn't insist on taking his jeep and driving. Scott and Willow shared a worried look knowing it meant he felt really bad to not argue with the offer.

Willow pulled up at the police station and got out of her car with Scott and Stiles. She could see how nervous Stiles was to see his dad so she put a hand on his shoulder and shot him a weak smile before leading him inside.

"If I could just find my keys." They heard Sheriff talk to himself with a groan.

"In your coffee cup." Stiles spoke up making the man turn around with wide eyes. "You always drop them in your empty cup."

Sheriff looked at Scott and Willow with a questioning look. They both nodded and smiled at the man, letting him know that this was in fact his son. The older man threw his jacket to the floor and rushed to Stiles' side, engulfing him in a hug.

"Hey, dad." Stiles lightly chuckled, patting his dad's back.

"Is it over?" Sheriff asked after pulling back from the hug.

"Not yet." Scott replied as he found Sheriff's keys where Stiles said they were.

"He took Lydia, Sheriff." Willow added with a defeated sigh.

"Tell me everything."

"We got an APB out on Lydia's car." Sheriff came back into his office. "Every unit on the road is looking for her."

"Isn't there anything else we could do?" Stiles asked feeling helpless.

"At this hour?" Sheriff grimaced. "No, not really."

"He took her for a reason, dad." Stiles replied, trying to think of a reason. "Look, if we can figure out the why, then we'll figure out the where."

"Okay." Sheriff closed the door and crossed his arms. "What would a Nogitsune need with a Banshee?"

"I don't know, Lydia's pretty good at finding dead bodies. Maybe he needs to find a body?"

"Scott, you know more about this than all of us." Sheriff said confused at Stiles' answer.

"Me?" Scott asked his eyebrows shooting up.

"You said you got the whole story from Noshiko?" The older man recalled making Scott nod.

"Yeah but that happened during World War II." He replied with a frown. "Like 70 years ago."

"Wait, what did you say?" Stiles asked with a look which Willow knew he was figuring something out.

"Noshiko told me about the internment camp-"

"No before that." Stiles cut him off and looked at his dad. "You said, the whole story."

"What is it?" Scott asked seeing the same look of realization wash over Willow's face as well.

"There's girl at Eichen House." Stiles replied recalling what he had heard. "Her name's-"

"Meredith." Willow cut him off. "Meredith Walker."

"How's she going to help us?" Scott asked after Sheriff told deputy Parrish to call Eichen House.