chapter 19

“This is your room?” I say as Harry leads me inside. I glance around and saw it was a bit messy. Typical male room though.

“I know it’s kinda messy.” He said scratching his head. I smiled and picked up an underwear under his bed and held it up.

“It’s not mine?” He said turning red and smiling sheepishly. I laughed and threw it at his face. He deflected the attack and ducked sideways. He hooked one arm around my waist and brought me down on the bed with him.

“That’s why you’re running out of clothes.” I said laughing at him and rolling sideways to face him.

“My fans wouldn’t mind if I go on stage naked.” He said I laughed again and nuzzled his neck. He wrapped his arms around me and sighed.

“Two weeks and I’ll be gone.” I said.

“Don’t go.” Harry’s voice was thick with emotion. I cuddled closer to him needing to feel his heartbeat against mine.

“I have to.” I said. He brought me closer and sighed.

“Sophie?” he murmured against me.

“Hmm?” I said against him.

“What am I to you?” Harry said unexpectedly. Harry was just like a child sometimes. I smiled and looked up at him.

“You’re my potato.” I said smiling at his expression. It was just an excuse. I felt strongly about Harry but I was afraid of commitment primarily because I didn’t want anything to tie me down but I knew he was an exception.

“Then you’re my apples.” He said smiling.

“We’re official then.” I said.

“Seal it with a kiss?” Harry said rolling on top of me. I nodded and slowly brought his lips to mine.

“Wait for me at the end of our tour.” He said breathlessly. I smiled and nodded.

“I don’t have anything to do anyway.” I said pinching his nose. Someone banged on the door loudly and Harry got up pulling to an upright position. I couldn’t wait to get out of this cast. According to the doctor I’d be out and about in three more days.

“What?” He said swinging open the door with gusto.

“Rehearsals in five” Louis said poking his head in. I stuck my tongue out at him and he did the same. Harry closed the door and leaned against it.

“We should go.” He said. I nodded and he helped me up out of the room and into the living room.

“Where do you do your rehearsals here?” I asked leaning on him for support.

“Usually we make stops but in this case we have to just do it the simple way. Josh comes here and sets up the instruments.” He said. The living room was packed with people and it made the RV look smaller. Harry seated me on the sofa and propped my feet up on the pillow. Sometimes he was just too sweet.

“Hi Sophie” The guys said waving at me. I smiled and waved back. Niall came from the kitchen carrying a bag of chips and handed it to me.

“Just thought you’d want to munch on something while watching,” He said.

“Thanks Niall.” I said reaching over and taking the bag of chips. Liam winked at me as he adjusted the microphone and I laughed throwing him some of the chips. Zayn sat down next to me and reached into the bag.

“Harry would be screaming his balls off any minute.” He said smiling and raising his eyebrows at me.

“Can’t wait to bust my ear drums out,” I said smiling. Zayn got up and kissed the top of my head ruffling my hair in the process. Louis tapped the microphone and did a slow whistle.

“Okay this one is for my sister she’s sitting right over there!” He said pointing at me I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him. “Can you give her a round of applause please!” Zayn, Liam, Niall and Harry clapped and cheered for me.

“Josh can you give us a beat?” Louis said pointing at him. Harry cleared his throat.

“I think maybe we should take it slow, maybe do an ed sheeran?” Harry said. Louis looked at him and chuckled.

“Oh, Harry the ever romantic. Okay guys let’s play give me love by our dear friend ed sheeran.” Louis said. I pursed my lips and waited. From the moment the first tune rang out Harry was looking at me and I couldn’t help but blush. They continued to rehearse. I watched as the view changed from outside the window and sighed. One direction changed my life. I closed my eyes as melody drifted back and forth across the room. I didn’t realize that I was falling asleep.

HARRY**

I watched as Sophie curled into a ball in the sofa. I usually preferred older woman but Sophie was different she was funny, smart, virtuoso, and kind. She’s everything I ever wanted and more.  When Louis called a five minute break they each went into the kitchen looking for something to eat. I walked toward the sofa and crouched beside Sophie smiling at her light snore. I pulled the hair away from her face and stroked her cheek gently. She sighed and flinched curling against me more. I loved it when she did that unconsciously. I kissed her cheek gently and got up.

“Harry?” She whispered behind me I turned around and saw her yawning and stretching her arms. I smiled and sat beside her.

“Morning,” I said. She sat closer to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

“Rehearsal done?” She said in a raspy voice. I kissed the top of her head and nodded. She looked around and seemed to focus on the piano at the corner of the room.

“You know how to play?” I asked. She looked behind her shoulder and smiled at me wickedly.

“A bit me and Louis went to piano lessons together.” She said getting up. I put my arm around her for support and helped her into the chair. She smiled at me. I watched her closely as she concentrated as her fingers glided smoothly over the piano. She started playing a piece that was complex. The melody was familiar but I knew playing it would require a great deal of skill. I watched as the boys piled in with food and their mouths.

“Bella’s lullaby,” Josh said in awe. Sophie didn’t hear him she just continued to play with passion. Everyone looked in awe as she finished out the last note.

“What?” She said as eyes fell on her.

“You are freaking Amazing Sophie. We didn’t know you could play like that.” Niall said.

“I think I’m in love.” Josh said, I shot him a murderous look and she held up his hands in a show of surrender.

“I’m thinking maybe we should put that in the show.” Louis said walking towards her sister and putting an arm around her.

“Louis I’m in a cast.” She said pointing down her leg.

“Maybe we could write a song together.” Liam said. Everyone murmured in agreement.

“Do you know how to play any other instrument?” Zayn said equally taken by the idea.

“I know how to play the guitar.” She said nonchalantly. Was it possible that this girl could get anymore perfect?