chapter 14

I felt someone stir me and place me on the sofa probably Harry letting go of me. I could also feel that my leg was already badly swollen but I didn’t want to open my eye. I could feel all five boys looking down at me with concern and I didn’t want them to see the discomfort I felt. Besides sleeping helped ease the pain. 

“Doctor’s here.” Zayn said opening the door and greeting someone to come inside. Harry shook me lightly and I opened my eyes still surprised that he was sitting right next to me keeping one arm around my shoulders.

“Okay boys what happened?” The doctor said smiling at me and taking my foot. I was right it was swollen but not as badly as I imagined it to be. Zayn began to explain as the others watched while the doctor set up the equipment and tools.

“How could that all fit into one bag?” Liam whispered somewhere. I contained a chuckle the doctor was a fairly nice looking man he had a friendly aura around him which made you comfortable.

“Is her foot broken?” Louis asked coming to my other side while Harry held my hand on the left.

“I don’t know yet Louis but from what I can see we have a fair chance that its broken.” The doctor said. Finally the doctor pulled the last equipment from his bag and set it down. He took my ankle and examined it closely when he asked me to wiggle my toes I did so with difficulty. I hated being a hindrance to anyone and I hated that I was the one with the broken foot but it was better me than the other boys.

“Good news.” The doctor said. “Her foot is not broken but we still have to put it in a cast.”

“Can Sophie have a pink cast? I think it should match her.” Liam said everyone looked at him and snickered.

“What?” He said his shoulders rising up a bit.

“I think she should have a green one though.” Niall said. I shook my head at the thought and laughed at both of them.

“That’s a nice thought guys but I think I’d go with the traditional white.” I said with a smile.

“It won’t matter anyway since she’ll just be wearing it for a week.” The doctor said jotting down a few notes on his chart. “I’ll send someone to do the job in about several hours until the foot stops swelling.”

“Hear that Sophie you’ll have to lay off your foot a bit.” Louis said smiling at me.

“I guess I’ll just have to drag myself around or maybe you’ll just have to carry me.” I said giving him a sickly sweet smile he gave me a sarcastic chuckle and shook his head.

“Harry here can carry you.” Zayn said nudging Harry. Harry chuckled nervously and smiled.

“Louis! You have to call mom.” I said with sudden realization. Louis’ eyes widened as he checked his phone and looked at it with fear.

“I’m not going to call her she’s gonna skewer me alive.” Louis said in a heated whisper.

“Fine I’ll do it later.” I said taking the phone from him and tucking it in my pocket. The doctor gave me pain killers and some prescription for the swelling then he went his way.

“Dang it now I can’t teach Sophie how to Irish tap dance.” Niall said snapping his fingers in defeat. Harry slapped Niall in the back and smiled.

“You’re rubbish at that anyway you can’t possibly teach Sophie.” Harry said.

“I’m the best in my neighborhood mate.” Niall said in defense. The other boys laughed and chuckled at Niall. At least we were back in our old fun and easy ways.

“No worries boys we’ll teach my sister how to do the pat the dog.” Louis said.

“And the Christina Aguillera wink.” Liam said.

“Looks like I have to learn a lot of things while I’m in a cast.” I said jokingly.

“Of course, we do have to keep you entertained.” Harry said winking 

“Good luck in your concert tonight boys and I’m sorry I can’t be there to cheer on you.” I said sadly.

“It’s okay Sophie you stay here and rest up.” Liam said.

“We’ll be back before you know it.” Zayn said giving me a thumbs up and a nod.

“Sophie I don’t think you’d be able to sleep in our bed tonight.” Louis said all serious. It was true though our bed was a twin size but Louis and I barely fit in there and more than once one of us fell and ended up sleeping on the floor for the rest of the night.

“Your right” I said nodding on my left Zayn snapped his hand enthusiastically indicating he had an idea. His expression was priceless and the only thing lacking was a light bulb then the picture would be perfect.

“We should all sleep here in the living room.” Zayn said smiling.

“Like a sleep over?” Niall asked.

“Fine by me we all have to rest up anyway.” Liam said.