chapter 6

In a week’s time we’ve already been to five cities and all of the shows were book solid. I’ve seen girls throwing handkerchiefs to shirts and everything they could do to be noticed. Once or twice I’ve popped into the tabloids being branded as”Louis Tomlinson’s gorgeous sister needing time off.”  I silently thanked Eleanor for going with me on that shopping trip before the tour. There was never a dull moment with the boys and each day presented a new laughter. I’ve been skittish around Harry and Zayn careful not to let myself get too attached but it became harder and harder each day. Right now I was cooking the boys a meal.

“Sophie that smells absolutely amazing.” Louis screamed from the living room. A minute later Harry showed up on the kitchen leaning heavily on the door frame.

“Can I help you with anything?” He asked taking an apple and biting it. I smiled and shook my head.

“I’m almost done here.” I said as I mixed the spaghetti sauce. Harry came to my side and took a spoon and took a sip.

“Delicious, where did you learn to cook like that?” He said smiling at me. He was a couple of inches taller than me so I had to look up.

“My mom knows how to cook I got it from her side of the family.” I said pouring the sauce in a bowl. Harry handed me the pasta and slowly mixed it in with the sauce.

“We haven’t had a meal like this since forever.” He said inhaling the aroma. I smiled and handed him a fork.

“You deserve to get the first bite.” I said grating some parmesan. Harry chewed the spaghetti noisily and groaned.

“Sophie this is awesome.” He said nodding his head. I smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

“Thank you very much.” I said and took the bowl into the dining table.

“Dinner is served!” I called out all the boys came in a blur of testosterone.

“My, oh my little sister you out did yourself this looks wonderful!” Louis said jumping up and down like a child. He sat down on the booth and reached for a plate. Zayn, Niall and Liam did the same. Since the booth only had the capacity of four I ended up on the counter top with Harry.

“This is really amazing Sophie.” Harry said in between mouthfuls.

“Here try some with cheese.” I twirled some pasta into my fork and offered it to Harry. He took a bite of the pasta and smiled at me. Harry I learned was a romantic at heart and he was sweet as a candy. He was the one who posed the most threat at claiming my heart.

“Sophie, what do you fancy in a guy?”He said keeping his voice low.

“I like guys who have straight hair.” I said winking at him. The expression that crossed his features was adorable. He looked down at his food and picked some pasta off his plate obviously not taking the rejection well. 

“I’m just kidding Harry.” I said taking his chin and bringing his eyes to meet mine. He smiled at me shyly and moved closer. There was something about Harry that I found attractive if it was his eyes or hair or his personality I didn’t know. Just then Louis came beside Harry and took his plate of pasta.

“If you’re not going to eat that I might as well eat this grub.” Louis said walking back to his chair.

“Hey! I was enjoying that!” Harry said taking the plate from Louis who was stuffing more into his mouth. Harry tilted the plate away from Harry and continued to munch on the pasta.

“Sophie I don’t suppose you have extra servings do you?” Harry asked when Louis finished the plate and patted his belly contentedly.

“It’s in the kitchen Harry.” I said containing a laugh. The other boys were laughing as well.

“Pumpkin! Save some for us!” Louis called after him.

“Would you care to join us Sophie? We’re going to watch a movie later.” Zayn said enjoying his meal.

“Sure why not?” I said finishing off the last of my meal.

“Good thing there was still some left over by the bowl.” Harry grumbled and nursed his bowl of pasta. I laughed and put my dish on the sink.

“I’m going to take a shower first, would you mind waiting for me?” I asked. Niall gave me a thumb up and a smile.