chapter 24

Paul handed me a tissue and I thanked him with a smile. The night was everything I ever wanted and more but I was going home tomorrow. Suddenly the bubble of joy got pricked by reality. I watched as boys wiped their eyes on the screen. They really have grown dear to my heart. The door pushed open and Eleanor came in with a cup of coffee. At the sight of me crying she instantly set down the coffee and hugged me tightly.

“Awwww, Sophie, what is it?” She said patting my back.

“I-I’m just really happy that’s all.” I bawled over like a child and when the last of my tears dried up she smiled and handed me a tissue.

“It’s okay Sophie, we’ll see each other again.” Paul said patting me in the back. I smiled at him and blew my nose in the tissue.

“Say hi to your little baby for me Paul I hope he grows up to be as nice as you are.” I said. The hour went by in a blur and by then my tears have dried up. Finally the show ended and the boys piled in into the room back stage.

“Sophie, you killed it!” Zayn said sitting excitedly beside me. Liam came and ruffled my hair while the rest of them sat around me. Louis grabbed Eleanor by the hand and set her in his lap.

“What time is your flight tomorrow?” Niall said with a sad tone in his voice. I cast my eyes down and fought the urge to cry. I hated goodbyes.

“About 3 in the afternoon.” I said. Louis grabbed a tissue and dramatically dabbed his eye.

“I’m going to miss you sista!” He said feigning a break down. He bawled loudly on his hand and Liam patted him on the back joining into the fake cry. Niall sniffled loudly too and fighting the urge to laugh at Louis and Liam he decided to join in too followed by Zayn.

“Oh, hush now you four, we can’t let the public know you all are cry babies.” I exchanged looks with Eleanor and we both laughed. Louis raised his head dramatically and pretended to fan his face. While Liam, Niall and Zayn cracked up. I noticed Harry was sitting on a corner his face in his hands.

“Sophie, I think Harry is a little upset.” Eleanor whispered to me. I excused myself from them and sat beside Harry.

“Harry, are you okay?” I said putting an arm around him. He sniffled and wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt and gave me a smile. His eyes were red from crying and I couldn’t believe how absolutely adorable he looked right now.

“I don’t want you to go Sophie.” He said.

“Listen Harry, this would only be temporary. The minute you finish the tour and the moment I finish the summer camp we’d see each other again.” I said sounding hopeful.

“I can’t wait that long.” He said gathering me into a hug. I felt in the verge of tears also. I didn’t want to say goodbye, not now not ever. Harry lifted my head and crushed his lips to mine with passion. I didn’t care if Louis was looking or if the world caught on fire. All that mattered was Harry’s lips on my and the absolute crushing feeling I had right now.

“As soon as I get the chance, I’ll come back for you.” I rested my forehead against his and wiped away his tears. “Promise me you won’t fool around with any of those girls.” I said.

“Just hurry back to me.” He said drawing a deep shuddering breath. I nodded and buried my face at the crook of his neck. I knew Harry was a womanizer but I hope that what we had between us would be enough for him to hold on.  I heard the knob on the door behind me being unlocked and instantly all hell broke loose. An army of flashing lights and paparazzi struggled to get in the room as they bombarded me and Harry questions and took pictures of our tear streaked face.

“Okay, settle down! No paparazzi allowed! Please!” Paul struggled to control the tabloids. Louis and Liam grabbed Harry and my hand and tugged us forward into a room where the other lads were in. I breathed a sigh of relief.

“That was…” I couldn’t even finish my thoughts anymore.

“Just a normal paparazzi attack.” Niall said sitting on a corner and munching on French fries. Zayn was fixing his hair in the mirror.

“Sophie are you okay? Are you hurt?” Harry crouched in front of me and examined my arms and roamed my face for any scratches or wounds. I smiled at him and lightly pecked him on the lips.

“I’m fine Harry.” I said. Eleanor sat beside me as the boys tried to peak if the coast was clear.

“Keep an eye on Harry, I mean, he’s a really nice guy but some girls don’t know the boundaries.” Eleanor said patting me on the knee.