chapter 26

ONE MONTH LATER

HARRY**

We were driving to one of the after party in New Zealand and every one of us was ready for some fun time. Liam on my left with Zayn and Niall talking and laughing at my right, I glanced around and saw Louis and Eleanor talking and smiling at each other. I missed Sophie, I missed her so much it hurts. The last time we talked it didn’t go too well. We needed to see each other again or the relationship would fail.

“Harry? I asked you a question?” Louis snapped his fingers in front of my face and snickered when I blinked several times.

“What was that again?” I said trying to remember what Louis said. The boys snickered and shook their head.

“Harry what’s going on with you lately? You haven’t been yourself.” Liam said with concern. At least I had my friends with me to deal with this heart ache.

“Nothing.” I sighed and slid back on my chair.

“Well whatever it is, I bet a couple of drinks would fix that Harry.” Zayn said clasping my back. I nodded and gave him a huge grin. He sighed and let his hand drop when he saw my forced smile.

“Oh, Harry just misses Sophie, that’s all.” Niall said. The car stopped in front of the club and we all got out.

“It’s okay Harry, you’ll see each other again.” Louis said keeping one hand on my shoulder. Eleanor looked at me with worry and took my other arm.

“I’m okay guys, seriously.” I said trying to shake them off. They laughed and pushed me forward into the club. It was loud inside and the lights were casting a hypnotic daze.

“Hey Harry! Don’t get too drunk okay?” Zayn said handing me a can of beer. I nodded and took it from him. On the dance floor I saw a girl dancing her wits off. The way she flipped her hair and the way she laughed seemed all too familiar. In the incandescent light in the club she looked just like my Sophie and as much as I wanted to forget about her my heart beat fast when she came up beside  me and pulled me to the dance floor.

Sophie**

We were struggling, Harry and I. Every time he called it got less and less interesting. It got to the point where I would find excuses to get off the phone. Though I had my doubts to what was happening I didn’t say anything nor did I confront Harry about it. Maybe the spark wasn’t there anymore.  Eleanor was still with them on tour and if anything happened I know she would tell me about it and so would Louis. I sighed and paced back and forth against the room. Why was I feeling this way? I shouldn’t have doubts. My reverie was suddenly disrupted by the relentless ring of my phone. I picked it up and saw Harry calling.

“Hi babe,” I said. It was noisy in the background and at first I couldn’t hear Harry but I guess he moved somewhere private.

“Hi Sophie, I’m in New Zealand right now!” Was he drunk? This wasn’t the normal Harry I was used to talking to.

“Harry, are you okay?” I asked him. Someone hooted in the back ground and Harry laughed loudly.

“Yea, yea I’m fine. I just wanted to call you.” I could hear him drinking something. He was obviously intoxicated.

“Are you drunk? Harry what is this about.” I was getting increasingly worried. He laughed at the other end.

“A little bit, but listen I may never have the guts to say this to you sober. I miss you terribly Sophie, I love you so much but I can’t keep this up.” I can’t believe he was breaking up with me like this.

“What are you saying?” My heart was beating fast. I can’t believe this was happening to me that he was giving up on us because we couldn’t be together for a few months.

 “I have needs Sophie, I can’t keep this up.” He said. Before I could say anything Harry dropped the phone, he didn’t hang up though and I could still hear a bit of what was happening there. The room got quiet. He was somewhere private, I knew I should hang up but there was a small part of me that wished I could continue the conversation with Harry. The door opened and someone switched the lock loud enough for me to hear.

“Hi babe” It was Harry. Harry was talking to another girl.

“Hi Harry Styles”  A sweet feminine sultry voice sounded on the end. What was happening?

“Shut up and take off your clothes.”  WHAT? Was this Harry my Harry Styles talking? The next thing I hear is a heavy make out session sounding on the other end. I pressed the end button and slid down on my bed feeling numb. I wish this was a dream, but as I looked at my phone I know it wasn’t. I should’ve listened to my brother. I should’ve listened to Eleanor. I should’ve listened to everyone who warned me. Now I just felt foolish. I crumbled to the floor and clutched my heart tightly as the tears streamed down my face like a water fall.

HARRY**

There was a constant pounding in my head. Last night things kind of got out of control at the after party. After my fifth round of drinks things got kind of blurry but I remembered one phone call. I still had my eyes closed, and thank god for the thick blinds in the hotel we were staying at. I rolled to my side and my hand smacked across something or was it a someone?

“Niall? Liam?” I groaned. A hand slid across my chest and snuggled closer to me. Wait, this wasn’t Liam or Niall this was definitely female.

“Za-Zayn?” It was my last resort. I cupped in front of me and felt breasts, actual breasts. Who was this?

“Harry be quiet.” She moaned, I was panicking by then I slid out from under her and groped blindly for my clothes. At the foot of my bed I felt my boxers and I slid it on haphazardly. The door creaked open and a moment later the lights blared on.

“Oh my God.” Eleanor had one hand on the switch the other covering her mouth. Her eyes darted from the naked body of a blonde girl on my bed and of me half clothed in the middle of the room. This didn’t look good.

“Ellie, I can explain I-I didn’t know.” I said as I jammed my legs into my pants and hastily buttoned my pants.

“How could you hurt Sophie like this?” Eleanor walked slowly to the room and stared at the woman on my bed. She was still asleep and made no signs to wake up.

“I didn’t mean to, I got drunk last night.” I said defensively. Eleanor walked up beside me and slapped me hard across my face. Well that woke me up.

“For Sophie you asshole.” She took her phone and slammed it against me chest.

“Eleanor? What’s taking so long?” Louis called. Louis walked in on the room stopping dead on his tracks. I knew what he was seeing his sister’s boyfriend cheating on her and not his band mate and maybe even best friend Harry Styles.

“What the hell is this Styles?” He said through gritted teeth.

“I-I can explain, I was drunk last ni—“ Louis came up in front of me and punched me square on the jaw. I spiraled to the ground and clutched the side of my face looking up at Louis who clutched his knuckles to his chest.

“I knew you she was too good for you, I knew all along. Don’t ever talk to her again.” Louis stormed out of my room and slammed the door behind him. I dragged myself to the foot of the bed and clutched my jaw. What the hell happened last night? I saw Eleanor’s phone on the ground and I picked it up looking at the message on the screen.

Ellie, Harry and I broke up. I don’t know what happened last night but he was intoxicated I could tell. And he just gave up, and the worst part was, I heard him cheat on me. I should’ve listened to you or to Louis. Now I have a broken heart and I don’t know how to fix it. I don’t ever want to see Harry Styles again, not now not ever.

Sent 10:20 a.m

Sophia Tomlinson

I dropped the phone and covered my face with both my hands. What an asshole. I can’t believe I did that to Sophie.

“Harry, come back to bed.” The blonde massaged my shoulders and I cringed. Sophie was the most important person in my life right now and I can’t believe I messed it up.