chapter 22

“I’m nervous.” I said as I fidget around the sofa at breakfast. Tonight would be the night I’d sing on stage and my nerves were getting the better of me.

“It’s okay to feel nervous we felt the same way out first time.” Niall said handing me a bowl of cereal. I accepted it with shaky hands and sat it on my lap. A few days ago I had my cast removed and by this time the doctor gave me permission to wear heels. It also meant I only had two days before I go home.

“It’s okay Sophie we’ll be here for you!” Louis called from the dining room. I still felt nervous and the bowl of cereal on my lap felt like lead to me. I sighed and set it on the table.

“Sophie, you should eat that.” Harry went out his room and made his way to me his hair still wet and towel at hand.

“I-I can’t eat I’m too nervous.” I said. Harry took my hand from his and wrapped it around his.

“It’s okay I’ll catch you when you fall.” He said smiling at me reassuringly. I wrapped my arm around his waist and inhaled his freshly showered scent. He kissed the top of my head and sighed bringing me closer with his arms.

“Harry, when I’m gone promise me you’ll behave.” I said looking up at him. These past few days have been the happiest days of my life particularly because of Harry. I didn’t want it to end not now not ever.

“Promise,” He said kissing the top of my head and pulling me into the kitchen.

***************

“Sophie, stop fidgeting you look fine.” Liam said. I smiled nervously at him and sat down. Two hours before I hit the stage and I was emotionally unstable. This morning was absolutely chaotic I now knew how superstars felt when everyone was poking around their body people tweezing my eyebrows, waxing my leg, pulling my hair and basically torturing me.

“Soph, you should get used to this actually since you have a contract with Marie Claire.” Niall said handing me a glass of water.

“Yea, I know, but I can’t help it I’m nervous as hell.” I said wiping my forehead carefully as to not ruin the carefully applied make up.

“That’s just normal, we all felt like vomiting the first time we went up stage.” Liam said with a laugh. I adjusted the tight red dress the stylist put on me and sighed against it.

“Stop fidgeting Sophie you look fine.” Niall and Liam said at the same time. I laughed a bit and watched as Harry, Louis, and Zayn piled into the living room to wait for the car. Harry came up and sat beside me putting his arms around me.

“I wish mom could be here to see this.” Louis said smiling at me. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him.

“Sophie don’t be nervous, remember we’re all here for you.” Zayn said putting an arm on my knee and squeezing it lightly. I smiled back weakly and rested my head on Harry’s shoulder needing his strength and support.

“You’re funny when you’re nervous.” He said smiling down at me. I wrapped my arms around him and got closer.

“Don’t laugh, I’m really losing my wits here.” I said murmuring against him and inhaling his masculine scent. He chuckled and I felt the rumble on his chest.

“Oh, enough of these two again.” Louis said rolling his eyes. I lifted my head off Harry chest and stuck my tongue out at him.

“I’m actually going to miss these two love birds on our bus.” Niall said with a small laugh.

“Sophie is the only one who actually kept Harry fully clothed on a tour bus.” Zayn said laughing. Just then we heard a car pull up and a heavy knock sounded on the door. Zayn got up and reached for the door.

“Guess who’s here!” He shouted and led Eleanor into the living room. Louis instantly brightened up and rounded the corner to give Eleanor a hug and a big kiss.

“Another pair of love birds arrived.” Niall said rolling his eyes.

“Okay, boys and girls time to rock California tonight.” Paul said in his deep voice.