chapter 27

HARRY

They still haven’t talked to me for the past week. Especially Louis who stared at me like I was a buck he was aiming to kill, Sophie was important to all of us and everyone got affected by what I did. She wouldn’t take any of my calls and from what I heard each one of the boys tried to talk to her. I missed hanging out with my band mates. Niall knocked on my door and opened it.

“Uncle Simon is here to see you.” Niall said coldly. I nodded and ushered Simon inside.

“Harry, what the hell did you do?” Uncle Simon closed the door and slammed his fist on my desk. We were in my room and I was sitting in one of the chairs by the corner trying to shrink into the darkness.

“I’m sorry uncle Simon, it was a mistake.” I said.

“This is not looking good at all, it was a good thing that blonde girl you took home didn’t say a peep about the two of you.” Uncle Simon moved to the corner and crossed his arms.

“I’m trying to fix it.” I mumbled. I was trying but that didn’t mean I was getting anywhere.

“Don’t, what you did is impossible to fix. I thought we talked about the one year policy.” Simon said.

“I told Sophie about it a long time ago.” I said. Simon nodded and glanced down at me adjusting his aviators and slid them on his pocket.

“Good, because you two are going to have to work together again.” He said.

“What?” I jumped to my feet and stood in front of him. He placed both his hands on my shoulder and gave me a good shake.

“The deal is already set for Marie Claire, it’s good exposure especially with the new single you sang with Sophie. You’re going to have to sing that with her too.” Simon clasped me on the back one final time and let me go.

“But, things are going to get awkward, I mean me and the boys aren’t even talking yet.” I said following him out the door.

“Harry, this is your career we’re talking about fix your personal life and get your shit together.” Uncle Simon threw back. I groaned and whirled around going back to my room. Whatever happened I was bounded with Sophie by one way or another.

SOPHIE

I crossed and uncrossed my legs again trying hard to listen to one of the lecturers in the room. Instead the memory of Harry cheating on me and the fact that I actually got to listen to him do it haunted me back. And the string of unread voice mail and the constant ringing of my phone was another reminder. But the worst part was I have to get linked with Harry Styles  for a year. I glanced at the rest of the crowd and saw a bunch of pretty girls twirling their hairs or doing their makeup. I didn’t belong here. Today was the final day of modeling school and I couldn’t have felt more relieved.

“Hey.” I looked to my right and saw a brunette smiling at me. “You’re Sophia Tomlinson right?” oh god here we go again. I nodded and smiled at her putting on finger on my lips in a universal sign to be quiet.

“I’m a huge fan, I heard that song you did in California, I absolutely love it! I even have it on my phone.” She said almost too enthusiastically.

“Ummm, thanks I guess.” I said smiling at her and redirecting my attention back to the lecturer. At least with the modeling school happening this summer it took my mind of Harry. But talking about it was still painful.

“I’m Jackie.” The girl on my left extended her hand. I didn’t mean to be rude but right now I just wasn’t in the mood for company. But I knew I couldn’t be rude to anyone anymore, fame took that liberty away from me. I shook her hand and smiled again.

“Sophia, but I guess you already know that.” I mumbled. She scooted closer to me and began talking in a hurried fashion only teenagers could do. I groaned inward and pretended to listen to her. This was going to be a looonnngggg class.

The moment the bell rang I scooped up my things and threw an excuse to the brunette girl. I hurried out of the school and slipped on my glasses trying to blend in the crowd. I jumped up the cab my management sent and closed the door. Yes, I already have an agency and a contract but maybe it was just because of my brother and my boyfriend. I sighed again and saw the city of London pass by me.

“Where we goin’ miss?” The driver piped with a thick Yorkshire accent. I gave him the directions and waited as the car pulled to a stop in front of a building with a beautiful façade. I got out of the car and dragged my 5 inch pumps up the elevator.

“Good morning Miss Tomlinson.” Kate the receptionist pushed opened the door for me and ushered me to my manager’s office. I thanked her quietly and took a seat. A minute later I was called in.

“Hi, Amanda.” Amanda Gales was a middle aged woman with sharp features and a rich chocolate colored hair that she liked to pull back in a bun. She was stylish but not too severe. She motioned for me to sit down.

“Sophia, back from modeling school?” She asked shuffling some papers. I nodded.

“So why did you call me here?” I asked her nonchalantly.

“I have some contracts I want you to sign.” She handed me a paper and sat back triumphantly. “I got you the ad for Marie Claire, as they promised.” A slow grin spread across my lips. I was happy about the news, well as much as I could be despite getting my heart broken.

“Another thing, you’re going to shoot it in Barcelona.” She said. I nodded and tried my best to get excited. “With one direction.”

“No, no! I-I can’t shoot with them Amanda.” I jumped up my chair and leaned across the desk.

“I thought you’d be happy with the news I mean your brother is there and so is your boyfriend.” Amanda leaned back on her desk. I sat back down and sighed. I forgot no one was supposed to know that Harry and I were over. The world still looked at us as the perfect couple.

“I’m just surprised by a bit I guess.” I mumbled. Amanda smiled at me and slid a piece of paper for me to sign.

“Oh, you’re going to have to stay there longer. Remember that song you sang in one of the concerts? Yea, it’s on high demand so you have to release the single with the boys.” Amanda said.

“What?” My jaw dropped and a pained expression crossed my features.

“I can tell you don’t really like surprises.” Amanda said trying hard not to laugh. She handed me a pen oblivious to the turmoil inside me. Without another word I signed my death wish and slid the paper back to Amanda before I could tear it to pieces and burn it by the fire.

“So how long the you think I’ll have to stay with them?” I said opting for a nonchalant voice.

“About one to two months give or take, just enough for you to go to college in the fall.” Amanda stacked the papers neatly and slid them in an envelope.

“Wait, one to two months? Isn’t that just a tad bit too long?” I asked her.

“Is there something going on with you and Louis or something that I should know of?” Amanda crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave me a suspicious look. I shook my head and tried my best to smile.

“Nothing I’m just sad to be leaving the city, that’s all.” I said. This was going to be awkward as hell. Not to mention incredibly painful.