chapter 31

I grunted as I heaved my bag down the hallway. Behind me Eleanor was dragging her suitcases behind her. I wish the boys would just come so they could get our bags. It was one of the perks of living in with 5 or maybe 4 nice gentlemen. Eleanor turned the lock and closed the door behind us. We were going back to the RV and in less than ten minutes we’d be off the road again.

“Where are they?” She looked around and heard movement on the other two doors. We looked at each other and smirked.

“Boys.” We rolled at each other and smiled, each picking a random room. Unfortunately the one I picked had Harry in it.

“Guys, can you please hurry up?” I poked my head inside the room and saw absolute chaos. The boys were running around poking at the desk, the sofa, the closet with a pile of clothes strewn on the floor. I opened the door and entered the room.

“Sorry Sophie, the alarm broke off.” Liam said as he picked up a shirt on the floor and stuffed it on his luggage. I laughed and sat down the sofa.

“Didn’t we remind you to pack the night before?” I said crossing my legs and feeling smug.

“We forgot.” Harry muttered as he reached under his bed for a pair of socks.

“Oh god, where are my nandos?” Niall looked up from the fridge with a frantic expression.

“You ate it last night Niall!” Liam called. I laughed at the boys and sighed getting up from my chair.

“I’ll just go outside and wait for you there guys.” I said opening the door. Niall got up and shot Harry a glance.

“Ummm, Harry, why don’t you help Sophie load up their bags you’re about done there.” Niall said cocking an eyebrow at Harry.

“Uh, one sec.” Harry zipped his bag and jogged towards me with a grin. Oh great, just what have they been planning recently? I rolled my eyes and went up to our door where the bags were waiting. I lifted one of the bags but before I could reach it Harry was there.

“You don’t have to do that you know.” I muttered as Harry adjusted the rollers.

“Don’t worry, I want to.” He gave me that cocky grin that reminded me of a child’s. Correct me if I’m wrong but is Harry Styles charming me?

“No, it’s really okay.” I muttered.

“I got this.” No, that couldn’t be it he knows how I feel about him and I know how he feels about me. He wouldn’t have cheated on me if I meant something to him. Obviously I was just another girl he could add up to his list of ex-girlfriends.

“Okay, you load them up in the car and I’ll go get Eleanor.” I said handing him my bag.

“Wait, you’re not coming?” Harry said balancing the heavy luggage in one hand.

“I thought you said you had it.” I said waving goodbye. Behind me I heard Harry sigh loudly and grunt as he lifted the bags. Whatever it is he was planning I wasn’t taking part in it. My heart was too broken for games.

********

“Roaaaddddd trip again!” Louis took the stairs to the RV two at a time and opened the door with gusto. I rolled my eyes at my brother and walked towards the RV where everyone was piling in.

“Hi, Sophie.” Zayn came up beside me and gave me a crocked grin.

“Hi Zayniee.” I nudged him lightly and he pretended to nurse his elbow. We both smirked and smiled at each other.

“So, when will you go back to England?” He said opening the door for me and helping me up. Zayn was a good a guy and anyone who was lucky enough to get his heart should take care of it.

“I don’t know as soon as we’re done with all the stuff.” I motioned with my hands because I didn’t want to go into all those formal things. It made me sound older Zayn smirked.

“Well, I don’t want you to go just yet.” Zayn said as he jogged up the stairs and into the RV. I smiled at Zayn’s retreating back. Zayn was a mystery to me, always has been. I pulled myself up into the RV and walked in. It was the same as it was the last time I came here. The sofa was still there, the carpet, the TV, the table with a four person capacity. I missed all of it, despite everything that happened.

“Niall! Give me back Kevin!” Louis growled marching in Niall’s room.

“Not until you give me back my Nandos!” Niall screamed back hugging the plastic pigeon to his chest. The boys sometimes fought over the silliest things. Liam walked into Louie’s room pulled out a takeout box and handed it to Niall. He grabbed Kevin out of Niall’s arms and handed it to Louis.

“Amateurs.” He muttered as he headed back to his room.

“Harry!” Niall called for Harry poking around the rooms and finally went inside one as he found Harry.

“Where’s Sophie going to room?” Eleanor came out of Louie’s room already in comfy clothes and munching on celery.

“She can room with me.” Zayn said shyly. Eleanor looked at him and back at Louie then at me each giving us a questioning gaze.

“Zayn is okay.” Louie whispered to Eleanor. She fought off a smile and looked at me.

“Yea, I guess I could room with Zayn for a while.” I said. Zayn broke off into a grin and came up to take my bags. The door to Harry’s room suddenly banged open.

“Uhhh, Harry’s room is available if anyone’s looking.” Niall said gazing around the group of people and lingering on me.

“Niall, we talked about this.” Harry muttered to him but Niall ignored his comment and continued to gaze around. He was waiting for me to say something since every time he landed his gaze on me his eyes got wider.

“I’m already rooming with Zayn.” I said sheepishly. Harry’s face fell and Niall pulled him inside the room again.

“Niall gets testy when he doesn’t have food.” Louie said as he sat crossed legged on the floor. Eleanor sat down beside Louis and offered him a celery.

“That’s not a carrot Ellie.” Louie said glaring at the vegetable.

“It’s still yummy bobo bear.” Eleanor cooed as she offered Louie the celery. Louie still glared at the vegetable but opened his mouth to take a huge crunchy bite. These two were always so fun and happy. I wish I could be like that, I wish I could find someone who’d make me as happy as Louie and Eleanor.

“Sophie, room’s ready.” Zayn said motioning for me to come inside. I skipped into the room with a light air.

“Whoah, it’s so clean.” I gazed around and sniffed. “It smells wonderful.” Zayn smirked loudly.

“For a guy it’s surprisingly clean.” He crossed his arms and gazed at the room. The bus lurched forward without warning and the motion got me to lose balance. I lurched forward to the ground head first and I probably would’ve broken my neck if Zayn wasn’t there to cushion my blow with his body.

“Gaaah—“  was the only thing I could say as Zayn breath mingled with mine. For a minute we just stayed like that. Zayn felt solid under me and he smelled good. Like very good.

“Uhhh, Sophie, can’t breathe.” Zayn wheezed out. I scrambled to my feet and helped Zayn out. He smiled at me with a sheepish expression.

“I’m sorry.” I said tucking my hair back against my ear.

“Nothing to be sorry about Sophie.” He said.