chapter 13

To be honest we almost didn’t make it out alive. Louis tried his best to keep up with me on his bag because of my broken ankle. The minute we rounded the corner we saw the car already running and Paul holding out the door. All of us visibly sighed in relief as we saw the familiar husky figure of Paul. We scrambled inside without another word and as soon as the last one got in Paul revved the engine and made a clean get away.

“That was close.” Niall said panting.

“Sophie is your foot alright?” Zayn said looking around the car. I nodded even though it was still throbbing.

“You’ll need to see a doctor for that.” Liam said. Paul adjusted his mirror and looked at us through the reflection.

“Sorry I couldn’t get pass the crowd boys I didn’t realize you’ve been spotted.” He said in his deep voice.

“It’s okay Paul none of it was your fault.” Louis said. I winced as we hit a bump and my foot accidentally moved.

“We should call a doctor for Sophie, Sophie are you okay?” Paul asked through the rearview mirror.

“I think it’s broken.” I said through gritted teeth everyone exchanged a panicked expression.

“How do we do that?” Niall said looking at my foot.

“Maybe we should call a private doctor or something.” Zayn said.

“Keep it elevated and secure.” Paul said. Harry scooted to the left and gently raised my foot to his lap. I blushed at the gesture and smiled at him. Minutes later we arrived back at the RV and slowly got out of the car Harry helping me out.

“Careful” Harry said soothingly I leaned on him for support as I slowly got off the car. He was holding me tightly but I lost my grip and stumbled to the ground landing on my bad foot again.

“Aaahhhh!” I screamed as pain went through my whole leg and numbed me from everything else.

“Sophie, Sophie are you okay?” Harry said right beside me as the others came to my side in a panicked hurry. I couldn’t speak, I couldn’t even swallow as hot tears sprang in my eyes as the pain ebbed away slowly. I shook my head and bit my lips to keep quiet. Harry on a split decision scooped me up in his arms and carried me inside. I buried my face in his chest as I sobbed from the pain.

“Bloody Hell! Louis get an ambulance!” Niall said running to the phone. Liam was also panicking as he poured me water and handed it to me. Zayn was already calling Paul and the other staff to come and help. I thought it was pretty ridiculous to stir up all the trouble for one injured foot but I bit my lip. Harry kept holding me and he sat me on his lap.

“Sophie, its going to be okay.” He said soothingly. It felt good being in his arms as his arms wrapped tightly around me like a cocoon.

“Sing to me Harry.”I said hoarsely. I felt harry nod and a second later he began to sing me Little things carrying out the melody perfectly. I closed my eyes and cuddled closer to Harry.

“Is she alright?” Louis said going up to me and checking my temperature.

“Called a doctor he’s coming here.” Niall said.

“Do you think it’s broken?” Liam asked. I didn’t wait for the reply I was too numb to even open my eyes somewhere along I heard Zayn enter the RV along with another set of foot steps.

“Is Sophie going to be okay?” Zayn said.

“Shhhh, let her sleep a bit it helps to soothe out the pain.” Harry said. Harry resumed singing Little thing which lulled me to a deep slumber.