chapter 25

The car was quiet aside from the roar of the engine and the slight purr of the leather as we rode into the airport. The atmosphere was sad and so was breakfast this morning. Even my brother who was normally so cheerful seemed affected by my departure. Harry wouldn’t let go of my hand from the moment we woke up. Bottom line was I was going to miss being a slight part of one direction.

“Guys, don’t look so down it’s not as if I’m going to war.” I said trying to lighten up the mood. Each of the boys gave me a sad half smile.

“I’m really going to miss your blue berry pancakes Sophie.” Niall said sighing.

“I’m just going to give you the recipe.” I said comforting him. He sighed and slouched back on his seat in the limousine.

“It won’t be the same.” He mumbled and sighed again. I snorted and turned my head to Harry.

“You okay?” I squeezed his hand lightly. He nuzzled my neck and nodded against me.

“I love you Sophie.” He murmured against my ear. What if this thing with Harry didn’t last long? I mean, I know how he is, and the continuous warnings I get from the people who know him well enough was a bit disarming. I had my doubts but right now they were the least of my concerns.

“I love you too.” I murmured back. The car rolled to a stop and the boys slowly got out of the car, slipping on their eyeglasses and hats. I did the same and put my head down as the driver carried to a cart.

“Well, I guess this is it boys.” I was trying to be more optimistic. I smiled and gave each of them a hug.

“Thanks for everything Sophie.” Liam squeezed me and hugged me tightly. I moved to Niall and gave him a squeeze.

“We’re really going to miss you.” Niall said. Zayn pulled me into a hug and squeezed tight.

“Take care Sophie and don’t forget to send us pics from your photo shoot. We don’t know a lot of models.” He said winking. I laughed and faced my brother. I was saving Harry for last.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get mom to give you more time.” Louis said looking at the ground. I cast him a smile and pulled him into a hug.

“It’s okay big brother.” I got into my tiptoes and plated a kiss on his cheek. Louis ruffled my hair and turned me around to Harry. Harry instantly reached for me and gave me a tight air squeezing hug.

“Call me as soon as you get to London.” He said. I nodded for a few seconds we just stared at each other trying to memorize each other’s features.

"Come here." Harry caught my chin in his hand and brought his lips to mine giving me one final glorious kiss that made my inside melt. I leaned into him for support and Harry wrapped his arms around me.

“Ahherm, this is a public place.” Louis said looking around and trying to cover us both with his body. Harry smacked him playfully and pulled away from me. The speaker came on and a clear voice announced my flight.

“That’s me guys.” I said picking up my suitcase and giving them one final smile.

“Screw this shit.” Liam said as each of the boys gathered me into a hug.

“We’re going to miss you Sophie.” They each chimed in. After they let go of me I waved at them and started to make my way to the waiting area. It was a good thing someone checked me in. I glanced back again at them and looked straight at Harry. I wondered when we were going to see each other again.

Harry*

We were awfully quiet as we made our way back to the RV. Louis excused himself and went to meet Eleanor somewhere in the beach. He offered to take us with him but we all knew the two needed some one on one. Just like I needed more time with Sophie.

“I haven’t seen you like this Harry.” Liam commented looking at me in a suspicious gaze.

“I don’t know, there’s something about Sophie.” I said looking out the window and trying to hold on to the memory of her face, her lips, her smile.

“She’s amazing.” Niall said nodding his head slowly.

"She is Loui's sister though Harry, you have to be careful." Zayn said as we arrived at our destination. The RV as oddly empty when we got back especially my room which just yesterday contained 50 different bottles of shampoo and perfume. I flopped down in defeat in the bed.

“Harry, uncle Simon is here!” Liam called. I dragged myself out of the bed and made my way into the living room. I was not in the mood for this. Uncle Simon and the other boys were talking quietly in the couch.

“Ahh, Harry, nice of you to join us.” He said getting up and patting me in the back.

“Good afternoon Uncle.” I forced my life into my voice but I found it useless. Simon looked at me for a minute and smiled.

“About that Harry, I would just like to talk to you about a few things, let’s talk about it in your room.” The other boys gave puzzled glances as Uncle Simon led me back to my room. He closed the door behind him and motioned for me to sit down. I reached for the stool and sat down.

“What’s this about Uncle?” I said.

“I understand you and Loui’s sister Sophia Tomlinson have been together for a few weeks now.” He reached for a few papers and handed them it me. It was articles about me and Sophie, he handed me a copy of a magazine and I saw pictures of me and Sophie holding hands and the photo of our last show was in the front page. I looked at Uncle Simon questioningly unsure where this is going.

“Yes, we talked about this on the phone remember?” I said remembering the conversation clearly. He shook his head and took a seat opposite me.

“Announcing it to the public like that was a false move Harry. Now everyone will be on your backs from here on out. This is a huge deal, this thing between the two of could easily blow up on all of our face.” He said slowly.

“So what are you saying, that I should break it up?” My voice was shaking but I forced myself to look at Simon. He shook his head and smiled.

“Far from it Harry. I want to make sure that this fling you and Sophie have does not end until the right time. Meaning you absolutely cannot break up under a year’s time. We don’t want you to be the next Kim Kardashian.” He reached for the papers and magazine and put it back on the folder giving me a reassuring smile.

“We are not going to break up that easily, Sophie is different I wouldn’t hurt her for the world.” I said. Uncle Simon got up and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“I don’t need you to tell me Harry I want you to show me.” He said. I nodded and smiled at him.

“What happens if we do break up?" 

"I dont know and I dont want to find out, I just know that your image is too bad for another public break up especially the sister of Louie." He gave me a warning glare that could melt ice caps. This was serious.

"Okay, Uncle I'll make sure." I said nodding at him.

“Remember the tabloids will always be on your trail, you might want to warn Sophie about this. And remember not until the year ends or the whole thing simmers down.” He twisted the knob and went out silently.