chapter 28

SOPHIE

I was about to board the plane to meet one direction in Canada and you could probably say I was nervous as hell. I didn’t know how awkward things will be with Harry especially because we still had to project that we were together and perfectly happy as Simon Cowell said. Before the agreement kind of sounded a little negative like a prenup but now that promise haunted me back. I didn’t want to be with Harry. I didn’t want to be near him ever again. But I had to for the sake of my brother and the rest of his band. I sighed again and adjusted the Gucci glasses I was wearing. One of the perks of being a model was you get to keep the clothes after you modeled them.

“Flight 5670 to Canada” the same nosy voice announced my flight again and I got up from my chair for boarding. I didn’t want to go, but what choice do I have?

“Sophia Tomlinson?” The burly guard handed me my ticket and gave me a smile. I nodded and hoped no one heard him say my name out loud. I walked the narrow hallway to the plane wearing white shorts that flattered my long legs and a bright orange neon chiffon shirt.

“Ugh, 5 A.” I muttered as I scanned the plane for my chair in first class. As soon as I sat down I pulled my ear phones and stuck them in my ear to avoid unnecessary conversation. A minute later the plane began to ascend at a steady pace.

HARRY

The airport was total chaos so we had to wait inside a car. The multitude of paparazzo was surprising. Someone must’ve given up a tip that Sophia was coming back to meet us in Canada. When we realized we’ve been spotted we ditched the hoodie, cap, and sun glasses.  I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and wished I won’t have to let Sophia suffer longer. We had to act in front of all these people today but for me it won’t be just acting.

“I can’t believe Sophia’s gonna come back on this chaos.” Louis muttered. Since the whole cheating fiasco happened I lost all right to comment or talk to the boys. It was harsh but I knew it was just fair.

“Not to mention she has to act in front of all the people when we pick her up.” Liam said gazing at the thick line of people waiting for them outside.

“I’m glad she’s back though, missed that girl a lot.” Niall said following Liam’s gaze. Zayn I noticed was awfully quiet these days almost as if he was lost in thought.

“I’ll send her a text so she won’t look for us and end up getting mobbed.” Eleanor fished out her phone and typed in a message. Louis was lucky to have her as a girlfriend. It felt like we’ve been waiting for an hour when Eleanor’s phone rang.

“Hello? Oh, hi Sophie!” My heart picked up. “Yea, we’re outside, we’ll come and get you, it’s ugly out here so be careful and remember about the thing about you and Harry.” Eleanor almost whispered the last part. I cringed as Louis gave me a death glare.

“Jesus, we have to get out there, now.” Niall said looking afraid.

“Let’s hope no one rips our clothes open lads.” Zayn scooted off the edge of his chair and prepared for the onslaught and so did the rest of us.

“On three open the doors.” Louis had one hand on the left door and Niall on the right as soon as we opened it the guards would close in on us. Louis rose up three fingers and counted to one. Niall and Louis opened the door at the same time and we slid to the ground ducking behind the burly security guards. Instantly the flashes rained down on us and shouts ricocheted around us.

“Harry! Louis! Here! Here!” It was total chaos. They opened the airport doors for us and ushered us inside keeping the paparazzi away.

“Now, to find Sophie.” Louis muttered scanning around the room.