chapter 15

I watched as the boys got ready for the concert. I wondered if all boys got dressed like this or if it was just a superstar thing. I watched as the stylist carefully formed my brother’s hair and as Zayn sprinkled some perfume on his pulse. We all decided that it would be best if I went with them backstage since obviously I’d be all alone in the RV unattended. I looked to my left and saw Harry struggling with his tie I smiled at his obvious difficulty and chuckled. He glanced up and locked eyes with me giving me a sheepish expression.

“I don’t know how to tie this thing.” Harry said yanking the tie from his neck in total exasperation.

“Let me help.” I said stretching my arms. Since I was already in my cast Harry grabbed a chair and positioned it close to mine. Harry tilted his head up to make it easier for me to help him.

“You know you should probably let someone teach you how to do this.” I said circling the tie on his neck gently. Harry’s smell intoxicated me deeply.

“I tried but I guess I haven’t found the right teacher yet.” He said obviously flirting.

“Let me teach you.” I said as I carefully knotted the tie all the while telling him what to do. Harry checked himself in the mirror and smiled.

“It looks perfect thanks Sophie.” Harry turned around and smiled at me seductively. I blushed not knowing what to do and the fact that I was in this big ridiculous cast made the matter more awkward. I was out of his league Harry Styles having a crush on me? Absolutely impossible.

“You’re insecure don’t know what for.” Harry sang softly taking my chin and lifting my head to eye level. “You’re turning heads when you walk through the door.” He continued singing moving closer and closer to me. “Don’t need make up to cover up, Being the way that you are is enough.” Harry was just a breath away.

“Kiss me.” I said softly if this was a dream I didn’t want to wake up, if this was a dream I’d choose to live like this forever. I didn’t realize we were surrounded by a million people and my request seemed far flung.

“I want to but I can’t.” Harry said looking at my eyes and my lips alternatively. Someone cleared his throat behind us. I didn’t realize that me and Harry were in a compromising position up until that point but when he leaned away I straightened my pose and turned around to see Zayn.

“Sorry to interrupt but we’re about to go on stage.” He said keeping his hands on his pocket.

“Right right” Harry said exhaling sharply and getting up. I looked away as I tried to regain my composure.

“Alright boys they’re ready for you!” Someone from the staff said. They turned on the flat screen tv hanging on the wall and we watched as the crowds cheered and chanted for the boys.

“Here goes boys!” Niall said jumping up and down. As they went out the door they each waved at me but it was Harry who lingered. I smiled at him and blew him a kiss which sent him on his way. For the next hour I watched as the boys sang energetically and joke around the stage.

“You’re name is Sophie right?” A reporter asked I nodded and gave him my best smile.

“Louis Tomlinson’s sister.” I said extending my hand the guy was obviously a journalist by first glance with his specs and stylish clothes but from which magazine I didn’t know.

“You are one stunning woman.” He said shaking his head up and down studying me. “I’m Peter by the way from Marie Claire.” He said showing me his press ID. I instantly felt honored and flattered by his compliment coming from such a high ranking journalist.

“You came for the boys?” I said offering him a seat beside me which he dutifully took.

“Some post concert interview.” He said taking his camera off its case.