chapter 30

SOPHIE

Eleanor ended up rooming with me after I coaxed Louis and Zayn to sleep with each other for a night. All in all one direction occupied three suites in the grand hotel in Canada. Zany and Louis in one, me and Eleanor in another and Harry, Niall, and Liam in the last room. Tomorrow we’d head on to Australia. Someone knocked on the door and Eleanor came in with her duffel bag.

“Hi, Ellie!” I waved at her and smiled.

“Hi, there stranger.” She dropped her bag beside the bed and climbed up the bed flopping into her back. “Ugh! Everything is just so crazy!”

“I know and I’m sorry for making it worse.” I said. The situation was definitely awkward. Harry and me and the whole cheating thing between us, once you get cheated on you just kind of feel low. Your self esteem plummets down and you think you will never be enough for someone. It feels like someone dug a knife into your ego and twisted it back and forth.

“It’s not your fault Sophie! I mean who’d want to be with a guy who cheated on her?” Eleanor sat up and reached out for my hand. I was sitting Indian style at the foot of the bed reading a book by Sophie kinsela.

“I don’t know, I have to be with them for at least two months! Two freakin’ months.” I sighed and covered my face with both hands. “Can you just imagine how awkward it’ll get?”

“Harry is a nice guy he wouldn’t make it too awkward for you.” Eleanor smoothed my back in a comforting gesture.

“That’s what everyone told me before he broke my heart.” I mumbled. Back at home I couldn’t really talk about the whole break up thing. God forbid someone told Us! Weekly about my personal life. It sucked but I didn’t have a choice.

“Oh, Sophie, it’s okay you can cry now.” Eleanor hugged me and continued to smooth my back. I was glad I had a girl friend like her. I needed one now. The tears brimmed in my eyes and spilled down my cheek.

“It’s so hard trying to act like I’m okay when I’m not!” I said all the pent up emotion bursting forth. “I can’t talk about it even to my best friend Christy, I can’t let anyone see me cry.” Eleanor scooped me up in a hug and comforted me through my break down.

“Shhhh, it’s going to be alright.” Eleanor murmured.  I nodded and wiped my eyes.

“He ruined me.” I sobbed into her shirt. She waited for me to stop crying and when I finally stopped she looked at me and smiled. Eleanor was the big sister I never had I wish Louis would just shut up and marry her.

“I’m so glad you’re here.” I said and gave her a weak smile. Eleanor handed me a tissue for me to blow my nose.

“Freshin up a bit Sophie, the lads will come here in a bit for dinner. We like to eat together.” Ellie said smilling. Oh shit, I was going to see Curly again.

“Oh, no.” I groaned and mumbled at the same time.

HARRY

I gazed around the room and sighed. Tonight I was rooming with Liam and Niall. Which was this or be with Louis. I went to the couch and laid my bag there. I had to leave room number three because Sophie and Eleanor had to use it.

“You’d have to sleep on the couch tonight Harry.” Niall tossed me a comforter and two white pillows.

“So, you back to calling me by my first name again?” I said pilling them neatly on the couch.

“I missed you Styles.” Niall went up beside me and clapped me in the back. I smirked and smiled at Niall. At least I had someone I can talk to.

“I’m sorry for hurting Sophie.” I mumbled.

“Don’t apologize to me, apologize to her and Louis.” Niall sat down on the couch and patted the space beside him. Uh-oh, I was in for that one-on-one Horan talk. I rolled my eyes and sat down smiling.

“I know what I did was wrong and inhumane and there’s not a second in a day that I don’t regret what I did.” I said, I glanced up and saw Liam carrying two extra pillows.

“Oh, hi Harry.” Liam said as he threw the pillows on the bed. He sounded so casual like we never stopped talking. Maybe they discussed this already?

“So, you guys decided to just forgive me?” I said putting my elbows on my knees and leaning forward. Liam smirked and plopped down on the bed giving me a thumbs up.

“We talked about it on our way home. We all decided we missed you, well all of us except for Louis.” Liam put his hands behind his head and yawned loudly.

“Thank you guys.” I said smiling at the two of them.

“Oh, don’t get all mushy on us Styles.” Niall rolled his eyes and eased back on the chair.

“We missed you curly!” Liam half- shouted.  After a while there was only the hum of the air conditioner as comfortable silence filled the air. After our concert last night we only got a couple of hours of sleep. I glanced at Liam and he was already curled into a ball and Niall already had his eyes closed. I eased back in the sofa and leaned my head against it.

“Ow, you’re hurting my hand with your arse.” Niall murmured as he withdrew it from under me. I smirked and settled back in.

“Harry? Do you still like Sophie?” Niall said without opening his eyes. I opened mine and stared at the ceiling for a bit and nodded my head slowly.

“I think so.” I said quietly. Niall opened his eyes and looked me in the eye.

“Yes or no answer the question.” Niall was serious and that rarely happened.

“Yes, I still do.” There was no point in lying now. I already did the worst I could do. I sighed and leaned back into the sofa whilst covering my face with both hands.

“Then why did you cheat on her?” Niall asked. It was fair for him to know. First of all he was my friend and he was also close to Sophie. I guess I surprised everyone by doing what I did.

“Because I was drunk, we hadn’t seen each other for a month and I missed her terribly. I missed her so bad that when I saw a girl who looked like her I-I lost it.” I said slumping down and hoping that Niall would just be my friend and understand me.

“So, you didn’t know you called her and broke up with her through the phone?” Niall asked again. I shook my head.

“Not until Eleanor showed me the text the other morning.” I cringed at the memory and the feeling of dread as the realization that I cheated on the person I loved.

“I haven’t seen you this miserable, man. Okay, from the scale of 1-10 how much did you or do you love her?” Niall turned as Liam started to snore lightly.

“About 12.” I sighed as I admitted the truth. I was still in love with Sophie. Whatever happens she’d be my greatest what if.

“You really love her do you?” Niall nodded his head at me and I smiled mimicking his nodding head.

“Yes I do.”

“Then what are you still doing here? You should fight for her Styles!” Niall said whilst throwing his fist up in the air. He looked like a spice girl and I couldn’t help but laugh a bit.

“It’s not that simple Horan.” I said. Niall made a grunt and a dismissive shrug.

“Nothing is impossible without a plan.” Niall said in almost a whisper.

“What do you have in mind?”

“We have to make Sophie fall in love with you again.” Niall whispered.

“Yea, like that could happen in my lifetime.” I scoffed at the idea Sophie wouldn’t even touch my hand. I bet she wouldn’t even come near a wisp of my hair willingly. Niall was being optimistic again.

“Be optimistic Harry! If you really love Sophie which I know you do, you have to believe in the impossible!” Niall said throwing his hands to his side in a grand gesture.

“You sound like Peter Pan but okay, what’s your plan?” I said. Niall gave me a satisfied look and an easy slow grin spread across his Irish face.