chapter 16

With the help of someone I wobbled my way into the sofa in a floral jacket a lot of girls would envy. I sat between my brother and Harry adjusting to the brightness of the over head light that shone directly at my eyes. I was nervous as hell obviously I was inexperienced with this kind of stuff. Harry took my hand and hid it between us not wanting anyone to see but at the same time giving me comfort.

“Just be yourself.” Harry whispered. Peter smiled at each one of us and began the interview.

“So Louis no dilly dally here what’s it like to have your sister on board?” Peter said in fun and light tone suitable for the interview. Louis chuckled and placed the microphone on his mouth.

“It’s quiet nice actually it’s just like being at home again.” He said simply. Each one of us had microphones that we were holding.

“Sophie your name popped up on one or few websites already, how do you feel about that?” Peter asked again. I gulped and steadied my nerves before answering.

“I’m definitely flattered I mean I didn’t come here to be famous or anything I just wanted to get away for a while and see the world and as an added bonus with my brother whom I missed a lot.” I said honestly.

“I take it you two are close?” He said giving us both looks.

“Very.” All the other boys chimed in.

“Louis is very over protective with Sophie.” Niall said on the far end of the sofa.

“He’s like the second dad Sophie has.” Zayn also said.

“She’s my little sister! What else am I supposed to do?” Louis said jokingly in defense. I just laughed and rolled my eyes at their silly banter.

“Boys what’s it like to have a very beautiful girl along with you on tour?” Pater asked next.

“In the few weeks we’ve had Sophie she’s become like a sister to us you know. She is a spectacular girl not only outside but also inside.” Niall said giving me a smile I blushed and mouthed a heartfelt thank you.

“Its fun actually, I mean Sophie is fun to be around with she’s just like her brother but only… tamer.” Liam said. We all chuckled and laughed.

“It keeps Harry fully clothed too.” Louis added in. 

“Actually no, he still likes to be naked when he knows I’m not looking.” I said. We all laughed into the microphone.

“Sophie do you feel any attraction to any of the boys here?” Peter asked daringly. I tensed not knowing what to say Harry tightened his hand against mine and I felt Louis wince beside me.

“Umm, I mean they are extremely cute.” I said and everyone flipped their hair and joked around. “I think it’s only normal but Louis here has strict rules.”

“Harry has yet to devise a plan to get Sophie.” Zayn said.

“Is that true Harry?” Peter asked.

“Apparently Louis sleeps with one eye open.” Harry said jokingly.

“You’re lucky I haven’t cut your balls in half yet.” He said Harry turned to Louis and stuck his tongue out at him. After the interview we all headed home completely exhausted for the night. We drove slowly in Miami as palm trees swayed in the ocean breeze. Tomorrow we’d be back in the road and though it was tiring I longed for it and I wanted to continue to experience it. I sighed again beside me Harry’s head dropped on my shoulders in his sleep. There was another thing that I’ll miss when I leave and that was the curly haired Harry beside me. I glanced at Louis and saw him watching the world whirl pass us in the car window. Aside from the two of us the rest of the band was asleep.

“We have to tell them I’m leaving.” I said careful not to wake any of them. Louis nodded and smiled at me weakly.

“Maybe it’s for the best Sophie.” Louis said. I shook my head ad fought of tears. Why wouldn’t any of them let me live?

“I can’t believe you’re on their side Louis. I have every right to do as I please.” I said tears blurring my vision.

“I didn’t mean it like that Sophie but you know with your foot and our tour it seems like we can’t take enough care of you.” Louis said in that voice he uses to me when I’m upset.

“I don’t need taking care of Louis.” I said sternly. I pinched my nose to keep myself from crying out loud. The car rolled to a stop and I went out the car door with as much dignity I could muster with a broken foot.

“Sophie! Sophie wait!” Louis said calling after me.

“I’m tired of you guys smothering me!” I said crying out.

“We’re not smothering you we’re protecting you from the world.” Louis said. I shook my head as the tears of frustration streamed down my face.

“Is it too much to let me live and make my own mistakes?” I said in defense. The boys was still in the car giving us a bit of privacy.

“I’m sorry Sophie.” Louis said hugging me tightly. I sobbed in my brothers arms as he smoothed my hair.

“Louis please convince mom to let me stay.” I said pleading with him.

“I-I’ll see what I can do.” Louis said. I wiped the tears from my eyes and smiled at my brother he slung an arm around me and led me gently in the RV. A couple of minutes later the boys followed.

“Is everything okay?” Niall asked.

“Sophie why are you crying?” Zayn said concerned. I gave them a weak crooked smile and drew in a shaky breath.

“My mom suggested I go home.” I said. Each one of them looked at me and frowned.

“She can’t do that!” Harry protested.

“Apparently she can she’s our mom.” Louis said smirking.

“But we haven’t even been to half of the world!” Niall said. I smiled at their concern and unwillingness to let me go.

“Can’t you do anything about it?” Zayn said with desperation.

“I can try but I don’t think my mom will budge.” Louis said shrugging his shoulders. The aura in the room was depressing it was as if I was due to go home tomorrow instead of a few weeks.

“We still have a couple more weeks why don’t we just live in the moment?” I said.