chapter 40

A/N as promised chapter fourty on friday :)) enjoy... it's been fun writing but as they say every story has to end. Thank you guys for all the support and love! Please continue voting and sharing your thoughts. About five or something more chapters to go before the hapilly ever after :D!!!  

ZAYN

After a grueling 18 hour flight from Australia to Barcelona we we’re all experiencing jet lag but that didn’t stop us from admiring the city view on our way to the hotel. It was dark outside and the night had set in. We didn’t know what time it was but we were guessing it was pretty late. Last stop in our tour then we were going home. I looked around the car and noticed Eleanor slumped against Louie’s shoulder and Louie resting his head against hers. Liam and Niall we’re dozing off as well, even Sophie who was very excited about Europe was sleeping in Eleanor’s lap. The only ones who were even remotely conscious were me and Harry.  And we weren’t on the best terms either.

“Harry?” I croaked out. He lifted his head towards me and raised an eyebrow.

“What?” He rubbed the sleep in his eyes with a hand.

“I just wanted to talk to you about Sophie.” I started. Harry had been in love with Sophie from day one. The first time she was here I stepped back and gave room for them. Maybe if I hadn’t done that in the first place, Sophie wouldn’t have gotten hurt.

“What about her?” He asked.

“Are you okay with the both of us, ummm, dating?” I said. Harry turned his head and closed his eyes for a minute. This must be really hard for him.

“If that’s what Sophie wants then yes.” He smiled at me weakly and turned his head towards the window.

“Are you… still in love with her?” I asked cautiously. Harry glanced at Sophie at his left and his cold eyes instantly melted like honey. The icy blue green globes softened as they roamed around Sophie’s sleeping figure. When he looked back at me it was glazed and dreamy.

“Yes, Zayn I still am. Don’t make the same mistake I did.” He said. Harry really took a hit with this one. I haven’t seen him this love struck since… forever. I was even willing to bet Sophie was his first love. After a couple of minutes of silence the car stopped in front of a grand hotel. The façade was impressive just like the rest of Barcelona was.

“Hey guys.” I shook Liam and Niall. “Time to get up.” Liam slapped away my hand and cuddled up to Niall. I gently shook Sophie and Eleanor. The two ladies waked up with no fuss. Sophie looked at me and smiled she looked beautiful even without make up and a messy unruly hair.

“Hi.” Sophie rubbed the sleep from her eyes and looked around. She raised her eyebrows at me in a puzzled expression.

“We’re in Europe.” I laughed at her momentary disillusion. She gazed at the façade of the building and got out of the car. Harry was already in the lobby booking our rooms.

“Whoah.” She said as I followed her out and waited for the rest of the guys to wake up.

“I know it’s amazing.” I came up beside her and gazed at the Barcelona lights. She did the same and smiled widely.

“Alright, I’m awake!” Liam shouted inside the car. A minute later Eleanor and the three boys hustled out of the car noisily.

“Whoah.” They said in unison.

“It’s absolutely beautiful.” Eleanor whispered. Louie tightened his grip around his shoulders as they basked in the Barcelona air. We all groggily went up to the lobby and found Harry on the sofa. He rolled his eyes and walked up beside us.