chapter 41

I shielded my eyes from the sun and watched the people set up for the campaign. We were shooting Hollister in a site called Poble Espanyol today the boys were going shirtless and I just hope I don’t end up using my arm as a cover too. The place was built for the International Exposition of 1929, Poble Espanyol is a large-scale model village celebrating architectural styles from all over Spain. This was what a photo shoot looked like. All six of us formed a straight line on a trailer while the stylists worked on us. We each had our own flash bulb studded mirror and a high chair that revolved. Only Eleanor wasn’t getting ready instead she was silently chatting with her beau and trying to mess up his hair she and Louie are very private people. They aren’t really the type to show off and flaunt so I didn’t take it against her when she refused the offer. I looked to my right and saw Harry getting his hair done whilst bobbing his head up and down to a song in his ipod. I smiled when he stopped and grabbed his head because of his head rush. Right now everything in my life was just messed up. I was in love with my ex but he got over me and he continued to shun me. His best friend was in love with me and I couldn’t tell him what I feel because I’m afraid of hurting his feelings. Everything was just great.

“Okay! Guys and girl!” The manager winked at me. “Please come with me to the set.” We hustled forward with our thick robes.

“Sophie you look hot!” Niall said laughing at me. He came up to me and lifted a strand of my hair and twirled it around.

“Niall! You’re messing up my hair!” I slapped his hand away but he only laughed harder which triggered the attention of the rest of the boys.

“You sound just like a snobby model!” Louie laughed and came up behind me tickling my sides.

“Louie!” I doubled over and wiggled out of his grasp. The boys were messing with me and I should probably be thankful since this could be the last time they do it.

“Guy, stop messing with Sophie.” Liam pulled the two boys and reached out to ruffle my hair slightly.

“Liam!” I whined as I tried to fix my carefully styled hair. “You guys are rubbish.” Liam winked at me and smiled. Harry followed suit and ran towards the set.

“You okay?” Zayn nudged me.

“Yup, couldn’t be better.” I said popping the p. He grabbed my hand and led me towards the tent set up on the side of the street in the village. The structures around was beautiful and you could almost feel the haunt and mystery behind the walls. We reached the tent where the stylist handed each of them their outfits.

“Okay, as you all now Hollister is launching their new line of jeans and we are going one direction.” The manager smiled.

“We are going shirtless right?” Harry said.

“Yes.” The guy nodded.

“Am I going shirtless?” I asked the daunting question. They boys especially Louie turned his gaze towards the manager.

“Uhh, yes, but we are going to give you a tube, you just have to cover it.” He smiled. I gave a sigh of relief at the knowledge that I wasn’t going naked in front of my brother and five other guys. We hustled into the set and started posing. The sun was hot over head but I was having fun. This was my first shoot and I was thankful that I get to do it with the boys.

*******

“Ice cream! Ice cream!” Niall chanted as we walked into the streets of Barcelona determined to find something to ease the hot weather. With our hats and eye glasses we blended right in to the crowd of tourists with maps and binoculars.

“Niall, you’re such a pig.” Louie said nudging him.

“Oh, cut him some slack carrots he’s just hungry.” Eleanor said right beside me in a white over sized hat. I smirked as Louie stuck is tongue out at Eleanor and came up to her to plant a kiss on her cheek.

“Whoah, Barcelona is so cool.” Liam snapped some photos in a camera. Who would have thought Liam was a history junkie?

“Look there’s an ice cream shop right there!” Zayn pointed out. The rest of us walked to the shop while Niall nearly collided with a tourist in his haste.

“I think he’s gonna buy the whole shop.” Harry muttered. Our eyes crossed and we stared at each other for a moment then he pulled away and leaned closer to Liam.

“You guys still haven’t worked anything out?” Eleanor whispered beside me. I gave her a slight nod and a defeated sigh.

“I don’t know what’s happening but somehow I don’t like any bit of it.” I said.

“Sophie, if you think he has even the slightest possibility of being the one you should fight for him. Tell him how you really feel.” Eleanor smiled at me through her hat. The other boys opened the door to the shop and left us outside. Eleanor grabbed my arm to stop me from going after them.

“Ellie, I don’t feel anything for Harry. It’s over, he cheated on me.” I said.

“I can see the way you look at him. I know that expression because I’ve seen it on Louie when he looks at me and I look at him.” She said in a sort of dreamlike voice. “You’re in love with Harry.”

“What if he hurts me again?” I looked through the window and saw Harry licking his ice cream.

“Only you can make yourself trust him again.” Eleanor opened the door and walked inside. After a couple of minutes of regaining my breath I walked in.

“Sophie, I bought you strawberry flavored ice cream.” Zayn handed me a cone and offered a seat to me beside him. We we’re all seated in a circle now each of us with a cone in one hand.

“So, tomorrow we’ll be flying back out to London.” Louie said in between licks. “Any plans for the break?” He asked.

“I have no plans at all whatsoever.” Liam sighed.

“I have a plan. Eat, watch TV, eat, sleep, eat, go on twitter, eat, and take a bath.” Niall said we all burst out laughing at Niall.

“That’s a mighty good plan Niall, but I think I’ll be spending my time with Eleanor.” Louie reached for Eleanor’s hand and squeezed it lightly. Eleanor smiled widely at Louie.

“What will you do Harry?” Zayn asked. Harry stared wide eyed at us and sat up straighter.

“Umm, I think I’ll get a few months off by myself.” He said in a grave voice. The room fell silent and everyone’s eyes turned to Harry.

“What?!?” Louie burst out first.

“I’m not quitting the band Louie, I’m just going to heal.” He shot me a glance. What? Harry was planning to leave? And he didn’t even tell me!

“Well, since everyone is into big news today. I might as well do this now.” Zayn got up and went down on one knee in front of me.

“Oh my god.” Eleanor said. That was just about right. Oh. My. God.

“Sophie, I know we haven’t made things official yet.” Zayn started.

“Yea…” I urged him forward. He took both my hand in his and clasped it tightly.

“Will you move in with me?” He smiled. My eyes popped open with horror. He is not asking me this! My heart thudded and my palms began to sweat. Zayn continued to smile at me expectantly. I looked at the faces of those around the table.

“uhhh.” I croaked out.

“Well?” Zayn smiled even wider.

“Sure why not.” I smiled painfully as Zayn scooped me up and whirled me in a hug. He set me down and kissed me heavily on the lips. After the kiss I looked at Harry and his very ticked of expression. His jaw was clenched tightly and he was looking down hard at the table with fists balled into fists.

“Harry are you--?” Eleanor laid a hand on Harry shoulders but he quickly slammed his fist on the table and stormed out of the shop. I watched his retreating form race down the street.

“I have to go talk to him.” I disentangled myself from Zayn and raced towards Harry.