chapter 12

“I’m sorry about that I’m going to go talk to my wretched brother.” I said to Harry as I rose and got out of the water. Louis was sitting in one of the divans by the pool his hands on his knees. He didn’t look up when I sauntered towards him either because he didn’t notice or he didn’t want to notice.

“I don’t want to hear it Sophia.” He said turning his head to the side. I sat down next to him and placed a hand on his knee.

“Loui, you’re an excellent brother you know that, don’t you?” I said. He turned to me and smile.

“I’m sorry about how I acted a while ago it’s just that you’ll always be my little sister and I don’t want you to get hurt. I know how Harry works.” He said.

“I’m not little any more Louis I’m all grown up now.” I said leading with him to let me live and make my own choices.

“I know I’m just getting that right now.” He said smiling at me.

“You should probably say sorry to Harry.” I said nudging him.

“Oh, he’ll get over it.” He said flipping his wrist in a nonchalant gesture.

“Louis!” I said he laughed then got up.

“Just kidding” He said as he walked away and swam towards Harry. Maybe Louis did me favor by interrupting us he was right Harry was still a womanizer. Though he’s a hopeless romantic and sweet I don’t want to be face in the crowd of all the women he has dated. I saw Louis and Harry hug and clasp each other on the back. That was my cue. I swam towards them too and swung a lazy arm on Louis.

“Louis always had a flare for the dramatic I’m guessing maybe he just wanted to be a mermaid or something.” I said jokingly. Harry cracked up a bit and splashed some water on Louis.

“What can I say sister? I was born for stardom.”He said flipping his hair dramatically.  I glanced around and saw Liam and Niall racing while Zayn held the flag for them to get. One minute it was perfectly peaceful then the next chaos erupted. Screaming girls flooded into the park. The only thing keeping them away from us was the gate and it looked as if it was going to be breeched at any moment now.

“Where’s Paul?” I said looking at both of them. I saw the others look at the crowd and absolute panic crossed their features. Harry and Louis pulled me out of the water as the others hurried to get out too.

“Paul’s not here.” Louis said biting his lip.

“How the hell are we gonna get out of here?” I said beginning to panic. Harry grabbed my shoulders soothingly and a flood of calm washed through me.

“I have a plan.” Niall said everyone glanced at him and waited. “Okay, I don’t have a plan we’re doomed.” He said.

“Maybe we could use a back door or something.” Liam said looking around. Thank god that the Park’s security were helping up a bit but by the looks of it they won’t be able to contain the crowd.

“We really have to go I don’t want to die.” Harry said tapping his foot impatiently.

“There! Maybe we could climb that fence and get on the other side then we could change clothes and slip away quietly.” I said pointing at a low fence at the far side of the pool.

“Grab your stuff and hurry up.” Louis said we each grabbed our bags and other things and went for the fence. My hope was that the fans wouldn’t find the other end of the fence before we could make our get out.

“How am I going to climb this thing.” He said grunting as he hoisted himself up and did a jump. It took a couple of tries but soon he was on the other side he reached up to us to help the next climber.

“I’m next.” Niall said as he slung his bag over his shoulder and took Liam’s extended hand and did the same thing.

“God help me.” Zayn muttered as he grunted and heaved and swung his legs on the other side.

“Ouch, ouch” he winced as he sat in the middle of the fence. We each contained the urge to laugh meanwhile the crowd was chanting relentlessly oblivious to our escape plan.

“I don’t know how to climb.” I said shaking my head. I really sucked at gym class and now I regretted that I didn’t pay much attention to my screaming terrorist of a teacher.

“We’ll help you.” Louis and Harry said at the same time. I nodded and gave them both a thankful smile. Louis took my bag from my shoulder and set it down the floor. I tentatively took Zayn’s hand from the other side and pulled it for momentum Harry offered his clasped hand for leverage and with that I was able to hoist myself on the fence but not over it.

“I think I’m stuck.” I said looking at both sided with panic.

“Just use my hands.” Zayn said helping me to turn around and taking both my hands in his. With a leap of faith I jumped but the unimaginable happened. Somehow along that jumped I ended up landing on my ankle and a shot of pain went through my whole leg making me gasp loudly.

“Are you okay?” Zayn said crouching beside me with a panic stricken expression. Tears formed in my eyes as the pain intensified. I shook my head and bit my lip trying hard not to scream.

“My ankle” I said in between tears. Niall and Liam crouched beside me too looking worried.

“She broke her ankle.” Niall said.

“Yes you dumb dumb she did.” Liam said Niall punched him lightly in the arm. I heard a thud as Louis climbed the fence and landed a few feet from me with both our bags soon after that he was followed by Harry. Both of them made their way towards me.

“Sophie are you okay?” Louis said. I shook my head and motioned at my ankle.

“It’s okay we’ll get you out of here.” Harry said whispering soothingly.