chapter 11

The minute I jumped on the pool Louis grabbed me and splashed water at me. That started the water fight of the century. Halfway through the fight Zayn jumped in and Louis became our common enemy. The park was filled with our heartfelt laughter booming through the corners of the park.

“Louis get back here you coward!” Liam called after Louis as he ran for shore and jumped on his side to get the water out of his ear.

“You guys don’t fight fair!” HE said running for the slides. I grabbed Zayn’s hand and pulled him out of the water.

“We’re going on the slide.” I said enthusiastically.

“Sophie I-I can’t.” He said wriggling out of my grasp. Harry, Liam and Niall ran towards us then.

“Mind if I take Sophie for a while?” Harry asked in that sultry voice of his. The moment Harry took my hand a tingle of awareness went through me. That was the difference between Zayn and Harry with Zayn there were no fireworks just comfort. Whatever I intended to say got lost in my throat and all I could manage was a nod. We heard a splash on the pool form the slide and a few seconds later Louis resurfaced. 

“Woohoo!” he said throwing both his hands up in triumph.

“Zayn you’re coming with us.” Niall said pulling Zayn in the direction of the slide Liam following in pursuit.

“Looks like I’m stuck with you.” I said grinning at him.

“Want to take the slide with me?” Harry said offering me his hand. Without hesitation I took it and Harry pulled me by hand. The slide was a long narrow tube about several meters long the half part of it was covered and the other was open. I saw Zayn, Liam and Niall at the top of the slide with Zayn gripping the sides.

“You ready for this Sophie?” Harry said helping me up inside.

“I’m scared all of a sudden.” I said as I sat on the slide first gripping the sides until my knuckles turned white. Harry came up behind me and wrapped his hands on my waist which made me feel relatively better.

“Here goes nothing.” Harry said removing my hand and intertwining our fingers. A cold rush of air went through me as we plunged into the pool followed by the splash of the water and the sudden feel of water on our bare skin. I paddled to the surface and came face to face with Harry.

“That was nice.” I said in a low whisper trying to break the intimacy. Harry brought me closer until I was tightly pressed against him and he searched my face until he captured my eyes in his. My heart pounded heavily on my chest as he brought one hand on my cheek and caressed my cheeks softly.

“You’re so beautiful.” He whispered. It was as if I was watching him in slow motion as he leaned down to kiss me. The anticipation grew and his lips were a couple of inches from mine when something pulled Harry and dragged him to the water.

“What the hell?” I said as I stood there wondering were in the hell Harry went. I looked around and saw him struggling to get free from Loui’s grasp while he pulled him underwater and wrestled with him.

“Dude!” Harry gasped. I came between them and pried Louis off Harry with all my might. Harry reached the surface and inhaled a large amount of water gasping for air.

“Louis what the hell were you thinking?” I said with and angry expression. Louis shook my hand from his shoulder and looked at Harry.

“No dating my sister.” He said as he paddled for shore angrily.