chapter 38

HARRY

I panted heavily as Sophie and I sat down on a bench after biking around for a couple of minutes. God, we were seriously out of shape. Still being friends with the woman I loved was not so bad.

“I won.” Sophie said, panting and smiling at me.

“You wish.” I said rolling my eyes. Just then an ice cream cart wheeled its way towards us. I saw Sophie eyeing the cart.

“Two ice creams please.” I said handing the man some money from my wallet. I walked back to Sophie with two ice creams at hand.

“Thanks Harry!” She said smiling at me.

“What are you talking about these are all for me.” I licked my ice cream greedily. Sophie’s eyes widened and her luscious lips pouted.

“I’m hungry.” She said almost teary eyed. I laughed and handed her the strawberry flavored one.

“I’m sorry for being a jerk Sophie.” I said eyeing her carefully as she licked her ice cream like a little kid she winked at me and continued eating.

“It’s okay I forgive you.” She said wiping her mouth with a napkin. Letting go of her was hard to do but I knew it was the right decision. She deserved someone better than me. Sophie scooted closer to me and leaned her head against my shoulder. My body went rigid at the first contact I had with Sophie but after a couple of minutes I relaxed.

“We should get back.” I muttered but deep down I didn’t want to. We were like this before, happy and content and shoot me if I wanted the moment to linger.

SOPHIE

I didn’t know what I was doing but being this close to Harry brought back memories, memories that no matter how hard I tried will never be any less important. Harry was a part of me, he was my first love. He put his arms around me and pulled me closer.

“Harry?” I said, my heart pounded against my chest. I couldn’t let go of him and even if I wanted to it was impossible. I love him and that was never going to change.

“We should get back.” He said pulling his arms from me. The minute the two of us lost contact I felt empty. What was happening with me? I was with Zayn, I had to get over Harry.

“That’s a good idea.” I said dumping my ice cream in the trash bin and climbing on my bike. Harry looked at me then smiled.

“Ready?” He said getting ready to pedal. I nodded and together we circled the park to find the others but they weren’t here. After a couple of minutes of fruitless pedaling we stopped under a cypress tree.

“Harry?” I panted. “Where the hell are they?” I said resting my elbows on my knees. Harry collapsed next to me and did the same.

“I don’t know Sophie, maybe you should call them.” Harry said wiping his sleek forehead. I nodded and took out my phone dialing Louis’ number. He answered on the third ring.

“Hello Louis? Where are you guys?” I said into the earpiece.

“Sorry Sophie, we got mobbed in the park so Paul took an escape route.” He said.

“Okay so you left us in the park?” I was almost shouting. Who the hell left his sister and band mate in a park in Australia!

“We had no choice Sophie bear, Paul will come back to get you just stay put.” Louis said. I sighed into the earpiece.