chapter 32

HARRY**

“What?” I whispered angrily. Niall pulled me into my room and sat me down on a chair. This Irish bloke could really be pushy if he wanted to.

“You’re so slow Styles!” Niall said raising his hands up in exasperation. 

“What do you want me to do? Sophie is against all this.” I said. I was running out of time Zayn was in the move and as I remembered last time they came very close to hooking up.

“Who knows what the two of them will do in that room?” Niall stood up and crossed his arms. “I mean, I’m not saying the two of them are gonna do anything, but what if?”

“Niall, Sophie is not the kind of girl who plays around.” I said remembering the time Sophie told him about her medical past. Ugh, he was so stupid! Sophie trusted me with every secret he had but I took advantage of her innocence.

“Sophie is not the kind of girl who does that. But, she just got her heart broken and cheated on.” Niall said pointing a slow finger at me. I winced involuntarily at the mention of my mistake.

“So?” I lifted my eyebrow at Niall as a challenge.

“She’s looking for something to boost her self esteem.” Niall sighed at my idiocy.

“How do you know all of this?” I raised my eyebrow in question. Niall blushed softly and lowered his gaze. Just then something clicked.

“I-I uhhh.” Niall scratched his head avoiding my gaze.

“You got cheated on!” I jumped up and approached Niall with open arms. Niall chuckled and rolled his eyes at me.

“Actually no I was the one who cheated. Well, technically I didn’t cheat, this girl just jumped up at me and kissed me full on the lips in high school.” Niall smiled at me sheepishly. So that’s why he was so adamant in helping me!

“Did you still love her?” I asked. Niall blushed again and looked down.

“I did, but she wouldn’t believe me she ended up going out with this guy she just met and wouldn’t even look at me.” He said frowning. Our story was almost the same the only difference was mine was worse because Sophie was one in a million.

“Wow.” I said. Niall pursed his lips and gave me a sad smile.

“Once you get cheated on your self esteem just goes downhill.” Niall said. Someone knocked loudly on the door. We looked at each other and Niall turned around to open it.

“Uhhh, Louie?” Niall opened the door and let Louie in. I backed up the wall and got ready for the blow.

“What are you doing there Harry? You look like you’re waiting for a miracle.” Louie said. Wait? Did Louie just talk to me? Without referring to me as “it” or “that thing with the curly hair”

“Harry?” Niall snapped his fingers in front of me.

“Yea, ugh, I’m just checking to see if there are any flies in the wall.” I silently caressed the wall as the two of them looked at me like I was a weirdo.

“I think I’m hungry again Louie.” Niall said backing up and closing the door behind him. Now it was just me and Louie.

“So do you need anything?” I said. Louie crossed his arms and chuckled.

“Actually, yes, I need my best friend back.” Louie smiled at me and put his hands in his pocket. I couldn’t help but smile back. 

“Are you forgiving me?” I said. Louie smirked and nodded his head.

“Well, you are my best friend and my sister is a big girl. She can take of herself and she’s already okay.” I can’t believe I was getting my best friend back.

“I missed you carrots.” I said clasping him in the back and giving him a bear hug.

“And I missed you curly!” Louie wheezed out through the hug and clasped me just as hard in the back. 

“I’m so sorry about the whole Sophie thing.” I muttered. Louie’s expression clouded, I guess he wasn’t that ready to talk about it.

“I don’t really know the whole story but I’m guessing you didn’t mean any of it.” Louie said. I smiled at the notion that at least he believed me.

“That’s progress.” I said. Louie clasped me in the back again and we both headed out the door. 

“Hey, guys? Where are all the food?” Liam shouted from the kitchen. The ladies were sitting on the sofa with Eleanor reading a book and Sophie gazing out the window.

“Ask Niall.” Zayn said cocking his head towards blondie.

“I didn’t eat any of those things.” Niall wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and looked at Liam with an innocent expression.

“Yea? Then why is your mouth shiny?” Zayn said smiling.

“Okay, so maybe I did eat a couple of burgers, but that was it! The fridge was half empty anyway.” Niall said shrugging. These silly spats always made us laugh and as I looked at Sophie I could see that same smile that used to rob me of my breath.

“Someone has to go get the grocery.” Liam said propping his hands against his narrow hip. Niall began to whistle and look around the room except for Liam and Zayn continued back to playing temple run on his phone.

“Harry you do it.” Louie said pointing at me.

“Why me?” I said with a surprised expression. Liam sat down next to Louie on the couch.

“Because you’re the only one who knows how to cook.” Liam said with a shrug as he smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and sat Indian style beside Niall on the floor.

“Fine.” I muttered.

“Aheem, Sophie knows how to cook.” Niall fake coughed and pointed at Sophie. Sophie whipped her head away from the window and looked at us with a surprised expression.

“What?” Sophie asked.

“You’re going with Harry to get us some food.” Niall said.

“Please, she doesn’t need to go. Harry can take care of that stuff.” Zayn said nonchalantly. Niall nudged me on the floor hard. What was I supposed to do? Niall rolled his eyes at me.

“Harry what is a paprika?” Niall asked me.

“A pap what?” I said with wide eyes. Niall was an expert at food I only cooked a bit. Niall continued to look at me with bright expecting eyes.

“It’s a spice.” Sophie rolled her eyes at me.

“That’s why we need Sophie!” Niall said pointing at Sophie.

“Fine, Sophie can you get me a box of cereal?” Louie said smiling childishly at Sophie.

“What? You guys are just selling me off?” Sophie protested. Louie came up beside Sophie and ruffled her hair slightly.

“Corn flakes please.” Louie said. Sophie pushed Louie out of the sofa.

“Please, Sophie?” Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louie said at the same time. Eleanor nudged Sophie lightly with a smile.

“Fine I’ll do it!” She said glaring at me.