Chapter 25 : Ready, Get Set... Back

Namjoon left her room silently and Yu waited a couple of minutes before walking out, so it wouldn't be apparent they were just together.

Still in shock about Namjoon's kiss, she arrived in the kitchen and Jin was imediatly all over her.

''Look at you, you're so red. Are you sure you don't have a fever? You skin is burning up!'' the eldest said as he escorted her to her usual spot around the table. ''I'll make you some tea, are you hungry?''

Yu just shook her head no as she sat down, her brain struggling to process the event that had just unfolded.

Jimin came to sit next to her.

''You should have said you didn't feel good instead of locking yourself in your room, I'm sure I could have helped!'' Jimin said with a frown.

''I'm sorry, I'm feeling perfectly fine now, no worries... '' Yu said, trying to reassure Jimin who looked genuinely worried for her..

''Let's make a blanket fort and watch a movie then!'' Jimin asked excitedly.

''I just bought you loads of clothes! You need to try them on and give us a fashion show!'' Taehuyng intervened.

''Let her rest and drink her tea quietly!'' Jin argued while putting a cup of green tea in front of her.

''Being in bed all day got me restless, I have some extra energy to burn so I might go for a run...'' the girl said. 

She desperately needed something to take her mind of the incident with Namjoon and she needed to leave the house.

''I'll go run with you!'' Hoseok exclaimed.

''What are you saying you left for a run this morning and only came back a couple of minutes ago, you did plenty of running!'' Jin argued.

''A-actually, I was about to go on a run too... Could I follow along?'' Jungkook asked, his voice shaky, turning the debate into heavy silence.

Spending some alone time with Yu was something the boys were used to fighting over, but Jungkook was never bold enough to make the move.

He would spend time with her when all of them were present and they had grown closer, but he was still very shy when it came to her, so his request came as a surprise to everyone, even her.

Jungkook was looking at his feet nervously.

She had long realised that Jungkook was shy around her, so him finally taking he courage to do something with her made her quite happy.

''Yeah, sure let's go on a run together!'' Yu said, she couldn't refuse him after he had made such an effort to ask her to come along.

Everybody must have been thinking the same thing because no one objected to the idea.

While Jungkook and Yu left to get changed the rest of the boys were chatting in the kitchen.

''Jungkook never had a girlfriend, as brothers, we can't ruin this for him!'' Jin explained.

''Yu could fall for him too... she looks about as naive as him... and they are still similar in many ways...'' Hoseok said.

''What if he takes his shirt off because he gets hot when they run!? I saw his abs they're no joke, no girl could resist that!'' Jimin intervened.

''We all know how first loves end, this is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Jungkook is our maknae and Yu is clueless, we have to protect them from breaking each other's hearts!'' Namjoon said, already cooking up a plan to put a stop to this romantic run.