Chapter 28 : Training Session

They were all standing in the yard, cluelessly looking around.

Training was quite a broad term and none of them knew quite where to start. Since it was her idea, Yu decided to take the initiative.

''We should start with some light sparring, let's pair up people with almost equal strength, this way progress should be even...'' Yu started.

''We should warm up first, sports injury are much more likely when you strain on a cold body, we wouldn't want to pull a muscle...'' Namjoon intervened.

''I'll go get some snack and water, staying hydrated and loading up on protein is key to-'' Jin tried to say before Yu interrupted him.

''Yeah, let's also do face masks and massage each other while we're at it! I'm sure the hunters will give us plenty of time for self-care the day they come to slaughter us...'' Yu said sarcastically.

Silence fell on the group, apparently Yu's comment hit a little too close to home.

''Jungkook and Jimin are about as strong and competitive, so they would be good at pushing eachother, so they'd be a good pair. The next duo could be Jin and Taehyung, they both strike me as less used to closed-range fighting and a bit less intense than the first two...''

''I'm not big on fighting... I'm only doing this so we have an even number of people...'' Jin admitted.

''You're about the same height as Taehyung, but you have more muscle mass so this should give you an advantage despite your lack of experience.'' Yu explained while RM raised a brow in her direction.

''You really thought this through, these are actually good pairings... Who would you put me with? Suga or J-Hope?'' Namjoon asked, seemingly impressed by her quick assessment of the boy's strengths.

Yu rubbed her chin deep in thougth.

''Actually I think Yoongi and Hoseok would make a good pair. The both of them have are very quick, so they could keep up with each other well. I would make you and I the last pair...'' Yu explained.

''Because you think I'm the strongest and I could keep up with you?'' Namjoon said confidently.

Getting paired with Yu was an ego boost and some of the boys seemed a bit jealous about him getting to spar with her.

''Nah, it's just because you can't control your strength and you're a clutz and so you could accidentally hurt someone. You need more supervision than the rest of the boys.'' Yu stated bluntly, wiping the smile off of Namjoon's face, while Hoseok and Taehyung tried not to laugh at Yu's unintentional roast.

''How do we do this sparring thing? Do we just punch each other until exhaustion?'' Taehyung said, not looking the most motivated.

Yu thought for a moment. The boys didn't look as serious as she was about this training so she had to figure out a way to make the stakes higher and their progress more measurable...

''Let's do it like this! You win the spar if you immobilise your opponent, or put him to the ground. The looser in each team will receive a punishment. Once each team has a winner, the winners will face each other and the last person standing will get a prize!'' Yu suggested.

''What's the prize!'' J-Hope asked excitedly.

''What's the punishment?'' Jimin asked while nervously glancing at Jungkook.

''I didn't think about that...'' Yu admitted while scratching her head.

''What about a date? Namjoon suggested with a sly corner smile. ''The winner gets to go on a date with the person of their choice and the losers all have to pay for it.''