Chapter 20: Aftermath

When Yu's eyes fluttered open, after what felt like a long dreamless night, she heard screams in the house.

The boys were arguing.

She had heard them bicker before, but this was a whole other level of argument.

She rolled out of bed, despite her headache begging her to lay back down, and she tip-toed her way to the noise. She couldn't stand the boys arguing, especially since she could already tell she was the cause behind the issue...

''None of you believed me and now you saw it first-hand! She murdered two hunters in cold blood! Who knows what else she would have done if she hadn't fainted!'' Yoongi argued.

''I'm sure she didn't mean it! Didn't you see her, her face totally changed! Her instincts took over and she did it to protect us!'' Hoseok defended.

''We did underestimate her strength and she very well might be too dangerous even for us to handle... but she came back to save us when she could have ran...'' Jin said, trying to act as a mediator.

''She's a lycan, Jin! She used mind control on us once already and she can do it again! She could turn us into her slaves if she wanted to! I escaped a lycan's control once and I refuse to live through that again!''

''If not for her the three of us would be dead! The hunters deserved what they got, they had it coming!'' Jimin interjected, covered in a multitude of bandages from the wounds the silver net had inflicted him..

''It was self defense. Besides, now that we have her in our pack no hunter will dare come and mess with us!'' Taehyung added barely less covered in bandages than Jimin.

''The reason we had peace until now was precisely because we're a small pack who didn't grab any attention! Now that there's a lycan under our roof and three hunters have died on our turf; there's a huge target painted on all of our backs!'' Yoongi argued. ''Rival packs, more hunters, maybe even lycans could start fighting us for all we know!''

Silence fell on the living room and Yu was stuck in the hallway, pondering if it would make matters worse if she intervened.

Before she could find out, Namjoon stood up from the couch with a serious expression.

''Yoongi is right, the pack is under more danger than before now that her true nature has come to light, but that's all the more reason for her to stay. We need her strength on our side to face these new threats. We can't change the past; we've welcomed Yu into our pack and for the better or the worst she's one of us now.'' Namjoon explained calmly.

There was a moment of silence as Namjoon's words were setting in. Nobody could contradict that; Yu's powers were dangerous, but without them they would be defenseless.

''You're not wrong... the pack needs her strength... but what tells you she won't run away again...'' Yoongi muttered. ''What if she does stay and decides to use her powers against us...'''

Hoseok shook his head and got up, standing next to Namjoon.

''Yu was afraid of trusting us and she was ready to leave, but when we were in trouble she came running back... We need her and I think she needs us too... We have to trust her... I know I do...'' Hoseok said in a serious tone that contrasted his usual cheerfulness.

''I know she's strong... but I'm not afraid of her...'' Jungkook said, also getting up and wincing a bit from his multiple freshly patched up wounds.

''I won't be a coward and run away after she risked her life to save me! I want to protect her too!'' Jimin said while coming next to Jungkook.

''What does it matter if she's a lycan or not? She's still the same to me.'' Taehyung added while standing next to his brothers.

Jin shook his head as he was also getting up.

''I guess that's means nobody is against her staying, but she's the one who has the final say.'' Jin said while turning towards the hallway where the girl was still spying on them.

Yu jumped, embarrassed that Jin had spotted her spying and that she was caught red handed.

''How could I leave after putting you all in danger... If you let me, I will protect your pack with my life.'' Yu said with a serious air.

Yoongi let out a loud sigh and got up.

''I won't go against a unanimous vote... I guess she stays...'' he muttered before leaving the room with a gloomy expression.

Yu's heart felt tight as Yoongi past by her without sparring her a glance, but she was distracted by Jimin grabbing her by the arm and pulling her into a hug.

''I'm so happy you're fine! I was worried!'' he said with a huge smile.

''Don't be all over her! Let her breathe!'' Taehyung argued, a hint of jealousy peeking through his tone.

Jin ruffled Yu's hair playfully and she could read relief in his soft gaze, from the corner of her eye, she could see Jungkook smile shyly.

''Yoongi agreed! Do you know what that means, Yu?'' Hoseok said excitedly.

''That I get to stay?'' Yu said in a matter of fact tone.

Namjoon shook his head with a dimpled smile.

''It means that now you're officially part of the pack. Welcome to Bangtan, Yu!'

Author's note: Yu is now an official pack member, for the better or the worst! Do you think the boys took the right decision? 

The chapter ended light-heartedly, but Yoongi's arguments weren't exactly false. Life is about to become much more complicated for the whole pack! 

Thank you again so much for reading and see you next chapter!