Chapter 17 : The Hunt Part 1

Running with a pack was different from running alone.

With the presence of the boys by her side she felt safe, powerful even; like the whole forest belonged to them.

As wolves they only needed a simple look to communicate. Their emotions were much simpler in this form and their instinct was sharp enough to nearly read each other's minds.

The eyes of the boys were filled with a mix of excitement and regret. The adrenaline of the run was pumping through their veins, but each step was also bringing the moment of saying goodbye a little closer...

Time passed way too fast and they arrived at a clearing. The forest around them looked the same, but it felt different.

The boy's territory was marked with their scent and devoid of predators, but the path ahead was untouched. It smelled of mystery and danger.

This was the path she was headed.

All eight of them had stopped and were looking at the border of Bangtan's territory.

Yu looked back at them over her shoulder as she passed the limit and the boys' eyes were glued to her. She couldn't bear to face their saddened expression too long, but she still had to say goodbye.

She only had one emotion to pass to them at that moment; gratitude. Gratitude for all the happiness they had let her share with them.

When their own expressions softened, she knew her message had gotten across, so she turned her back to them and ran off.

She ran as fast as she could, she had to put as much distance as possible between them. If she looked back she could change her mind and hurt them even more.

The woods seemed savage now and full of nothing but threats, as if the pine trees were the sharp teeth of a monster closing over her.

Yoongi was right. She was a coward and a liar.

She could have stayed with the boys, they would have let her stay, but she didn't want to because she was scared.

It was only by constantly being on the move that the red eyed beast could never catch up to her.

The red eyed beast used to be her friend but had betrayed her, Bangtan could turn on her to.

She didn't belong in Bangtan, they were brothers and she, nothing but a stranger.

Her heart felt like it was being ripped apart and she suddenly regretted all of the moments she had spent with Bangtan. Getting a taste of happiness when you were fated to such a lonely life was much crueler than never knowing what you were missing.

Then, she saw his smile in her mind.

He had helped her, he had made her feel special.

The thought only increased the pain in her chest.

How could such a happy memory become so painful now?

Was that what people called love?

She kept running and tried to keep her mind from going to him, but it was useless.

It was almost as if he was calling out to her.

Suddenly, the pain in her chest got worst and her pulse started to go out of control.

Danger.

Her whole body screamed danger.

Something was wrong.