Chapter 15 : Transformation Lessons

Jin went straight to the kitchen to prepare the next huge meal they would all wolf down and Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon left as eclaireurs to mark their hunting territory for the next night. 

This left the three maknaes to be Yu's shapeshifting teachers.

The four of them went out in the backyard and the lesson began.

''Shapeshifting is hard, so you'll need lots of hard work!'' Jimin said. ''It's a visualisation exercise. You have to have extreme focus and see the whole transformation happening in your head. You need to imagine your fingers turn to claws and down to every cell of your being vibrating and changing to it's very core.'' He explained leaving Yu confused.

It sounded really complicated, but she tried to do it anyways, to no avail.

''This is bullshit, who taught you that!'' Taehyung exclaimed.

''Namjoon taught me!'' Jimin argued. ''He's the best teacher so I doubt you can do any better!''

''Forget all the visualisation bullshit Yu. Transforming is all about feeling. You have to feel like a wolf!'' Taehuyng said.

Yu tilted her head to the side.

''Feel? Like a wolf?''

''Yes! Be the wolf and the wolf will come over! Try growling!'' Tae added.

''Grrr...'' Yu attempted unenthusiastically.

''No! Let out the animal inside of you! Howl as loud as you can!'' Tae coached her.

''Awoo...?''

''Not awoo! AHWOOOOOOOOOH-HOOOOOOH!!!'' Tae yelled loud enough to wake up the dead.

''Ahooh!'' Yu tried again.

''This is not working, maybe you need to do it on all fours...'' Tae said with a smug grin.

Yu was about to do as he had said before Jimin caught her arm.

''Don't listen to him he's making fun of you...''

''It worked for me when Hoseok showed me! You just have to stop being self-conscious and to lose control!'' Tae assured him.

''For all I know you're just being a pervert and you want to see her on her knees!'' Jimin argued.

''Sounds to me like you're projecting! You're the one having impure thoughts and accusing me! That makes YOU the pervert!'' Tae replied.

They started arguing and Jin had to open the kitchen window to threaten them that they wouldn't get any dessert for them to quiet down.

''What about you Jungkook?'' Yu asked, curious as well as eager to dissipate the tension.

''I'm what you call a natural. When I want to turn I just turn, easy as that.'' he said with so much confidence it was closer to cockiness.

''It isn't easy!'' Jimin argued. ''Besides I saw Jin coaching you when we were younger.''

''He barely helped me... His advice was just that you need confidence, then you can force yourself to transform through sheer determination...'' Jungkook admitted.

Yu tried focussing, losing control, willing herself to switch, a mix of all of them, but nothing happened. Time was passing and she was growing tired, but she didn't feel like she was making any progress.

Tae and Jimin started arguing again, while trying to teach her their opposing methods, and eventually, in an effort to demonstrate their superior technique, they both turned at the same time before wrestling playfully in their wolf forms and nibbling at eachother's necks.

Taehuyng's wolf was unusually tall on its legs with a long slender body. His coat was a warm caramel color with specks of brown and grey. Even as a wolf, his eyes remained expressive and playful. All and all he looked just a bit goofy, a bit more doglike than predatory.

Jimin on the other hand was shorter, but also broader in built, like he was cut out from pure muscle. His coat was a very light golden hue, intertwined with pale, almost white hairs. His dark round eyes contrasted starkly against his fur and made him look like a teddy bear with dark beads for eyes when he was immobile. You could feel the sheer power behind his every movement and when he bore his teeth, the teddy bear was replaced by an actually intimidating beast.

Their cute quarrel had cut the shapeshifting lesson short and Jungkook looked a bit irritated.

''We're supposed to help Yu t-'' he started before Taehuyng, as a wolf, walked up to him and gave him a huge lick on the face, covering him in saliva, before running away.

The next moment, Jungkook was shifting and taking off behind him in a cute game of tag between the gigantic dogs.

Jungkook's coat was a warm orangey brown, like fallen autumn leaves. His build was more balanced, like a mix of Tae and Jimin's forms, designed to take most of their advantages without the many drawbacks. True to himself, Jungkook's wolf looked like an all rounder, who could do both speed and muscle. Of the three, he looked like the oldest in wolf form, his golden eyes shining with a surprising maturity.

Yu felt a bit envious of seeing the three of them having so much fun as wolves without being able to join in. Like that, the whole day passed and Yu started to lose faith...

When she got inside, Jin gave her a kind smile.

''None of us managed to turn after just one day. You need to find what works for you and learn at your own rhythm. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, the full moon comes every month, you'll have plenty of time to hunt with us again... There's no need to rush...'' the eldest said reassuringly while patting her on the head with a sad smile.

It was almost like he was asking her not to leave yet. Yu wanted nothing more than to keep on living with Bangtan and go on many hunts over the course of many months... but it wasn't right.

Jin may have wanted her to stay, but she couldn't impose herself on the rest of the pack... They were a family and she was a stranger. One with a dangerous past, she couldn't be selfish and put them in danger.

''I already learned how to turn once, Jin-oppa. I know how to be a wolf better than than I know how to be human. I'll remember soon enough and I won't burden you anymore...'' Yu said, trying to get the message across that she was ready to leave.

''Don't say that. You were never a burden and you'll never be, understand that?'' Jin scolded her gently.

''You're always so nice to me...''

''Don't say it like that!'' he scolded her again.

''Like what...''

''Like you don't deserve it! You're not a bad person you silly; of course I'm nice to you! Now stop saying nonsense and help me set the table you dummy dumb-dumb silly girl!'' Jin said still scolding her, albeit with nothing but humour in his tone.

Author's note:

Will Yu be able to transform before the hunt or will she have to stay behind? It's anyone's guess! 

Stay tuned for the next chapter and don't forget to grab your feels real tight, you wouldn't want them to get hurt, now would you? :)