Chapter 57 : Rituals

The faintest sliver of moon had just risen in the dark, but not quite black yet, sky.

The air was basked in this deep sapphire hue when a white silhouette appeared from the forest. A woman in a simple white slip dress walked towards an arch shape arbor, decorated with a multitude of wildflowers.

Outside a wide circle delimited by a single row of white crystals encircling the wooden arch, seven wolves waited.

The woman wore a solemn expression and her skin glistened softly in the half light of the evening. Her hair cascaded elegantly on her shoulders, adorned by a simple flower crown.

Seven pairs of eyes were glued onto her, like hypnotised by her every movement.

Yuki closed her eyes and inhaled the fresh night air, when she opened them again, they shone with a golden hue.

''United as one, under an oath of allegiance, come forth and become part of my pack.'' Yuki said, activating her dominion to bend the will of the wolves around her.

None of them resisted her order and they came forward, crossing the crystal line and closing around Yuki into a tight circle.

One by one, they turned back from their wolve shapes to their human one, promptly putting a knee down as a sign of submission to their new alpha.

As they kneeled, Yu felt her blood rush through her body and electricity ran through her veins. It felt as if suddenly, she could see better in the darkness, as if every sound and smell that the forest was hiding suddenly revealed themselves, as if every beat of her heart could push her body further and further, to new unforeseen limits.

Pure power was surging through her and her eyes shone even brighter than the moment before.

Looking at the men in front of her, she could feel all their emotions faintly; excitement, eagerness, impatience, curiosity, lust.

The first ritual had worked, from this moment on, she was their alpha.

Now that the easy part was done, it was time for their riskiest gamble; the mating ceremony.

The men got up slowly and stood around Yuki, looking at her with expressions ranging from hopeful to worried.

''Under the promise of the new moon, I pledge to you my eternal devotion. Become mine and I shall be yours, for as long as the stars will bear us witness.'' Yuki said trying to keep her voice calm. ''Bear my mark as a reminder of our eternal bond.''

With a single voice, the men repeated her words.

Yuki took a deep breath and came close to Jin, delicately tugging at the collar of his white satin shirt, before plunging her suddenly sharp fangs into the delicate flesh of his neck.

She pulled away as soon as she felt his skin break and Jin delicately held her hand up, before putting chaste kiss on her hand, with a charming smile. He then looked down and bit her wrist slowly. Jin looked worried at the thought of biting her too hard, but the bite left nothing but a feeling warm pleasure rushing up Yu's arm.

Their eyes met and Jin gave Yu a reassuring smile that filled her with courage.

Yu then stood in front of Yoongi, who pulled the collar of his shirt away by himself, before Yu came to mark his neck with her bite. Her bite mustn't have hurt him because he smirked before pulling the girl closer.

He bore his fangs and sank them into the girl's shoulders before pulling away and looking at his mark, with a satisfied expression.

It was now Hoseok's turn, he smiled whole heartedly while looking at Yu, running a hand in her hair as she bit his neck. He caressed the side of her cheek and tilted her head to the side to get a better view of her neck before he planted his teeth on her tender skin. The pressure of his bite was much rougher than the two precedent ones and Yu felt like he was trying to get a sound out of her.