Chapter 4 : The Bangtan Pack

Yu struggled to walk back to the house, but despite the pain and how tired she was, she refused to accept Namjoon's offer to carry her

She had accepted their help, but she was not just about to depend on them like some useless leech.

Plus, she didn't like the idea of being carried, having arms holding her could make things complicated if she changed her mind and decided to bolt...

Namjoon walked next to her, eyeing her from the side like he was afraid she would crumble anytime. Considering how weak she felt, that wasn't entirely impossible either, but he didn't have to know that...

Jungkook was keeping a reasonable distance; he seemed quite intimidated with her. Yu wondered if it was because she decked him in the face right after meeting him or because he saw her throw a fully grown tree at his friend...

They met the river at a narrower spot than the one she had crossed using the tree, but it was still a big jump to make...

On the other side of the bank two men waved at them, Yu recognised Hoseok and Jin who she had managed to run past.

Jungkook jumped across effortlessly and so did Namjoon. Yu took a few steps back and ran as fast as she could before jumping. Her aching muscles and exertion had taken a toll on her and she immediately knew her jump lacked momentum.

She was a couple of feet short of landing on the other bank. Without a second of hesitation Hoseok jumped in the river, falling knee deep in the cold water to catch her before she fell in herself.

Since he had caught her by the waist Yu feet didn't even touch the water. Hoseok smiled at her so brightly it almost blinded Yu. How could someone by so happy with their feet soaking in freezing water?

''Nice catch, hyung!'' Jungkook complimented.

''She only has a t-shirt on, if she fell in there bare-footed she would have frozen to death.'' Hoseok said in a matter of fact tone before walking to the bank, still lifting her by the waist. ''I hope I didn't grab you too hard, did I hurt your sides?'' he inquired.

''I'm alright... Thanks for catching me... You didn't have to...'' the girl stuttered barely believing what had just happened.

What kind of person would do something like this for a stranger? It's not like she would have died from falling into a couple inches of water...

Hoseok put her on the shore and in her confusion and fatigue she managed to slip on the muddy ground, almost falling back in, before Jin caught her hand.

''Wah! I got you!'' he said with a giggle before gently pulling her away from the ledge before looking at her up and down. ''No wonder you're weak on your feet you're covered in cuts and bruises! How can you even walk on these scorched feet?! Namjoon, why didn't you carry her?'' Jin scolded gently.

''I asked her and she refused!'' Namjoon defended himself.

Jin rolled his eyes and took his jacket off before putting it on Yu's shoulders.