Chapter 12: Night Fall

Yu woke up in her bed, what must have been many hours later since it was completely dark outside. Her mind was still filled with images of blood and ferocious wolves ripping through flesh.

She got out of her bed, like somehow getting away from there would allow her to leave her dark thoughts behind, but they didn't feel like sleeping either so they followed her.

The pieces of the puzzles were slowly falling into place but the picture they painted wasn't what she had expected. The more answers she got, the more questions arose.

The red eyed beast wasn't just a werewolf, he was a true monster who had tried to make her feed on human flesh. She had escaped him somehow, but she could feel in her bones that he wasn't dead.

As long as he was alive there was a chance he could find her.

She couldn't let him find Bangtan.

She didn't know if she would be able to transform yet, but she was ready to leave.

She could figure things out later, when she was far enough for the pack to be safe from the beast. After all they had done for her, this was probably the best way she could thank them, by keeping them safe in her own way.

She put on one of Taehuyng's oversized hoodie and a pair of leggings and tiptoed her way to the kitchen to steal a couple instant ramen packs. This should sustain her long enough for her to figure out how to get back into her wolf form.

She opened the door and carefully closed it behind her, before walking out into the night, aiming as the depths of the woods.

Her pace was just fast enough to cover the maximum amount of distance without wearing her out too fast. There she was, back to running, the silence of the empty woods felt all too familiar, until she heard footsteps, or more precisely wolves' paws, quickly catching up to her.

Her mind went blank with fear and she started a mad dash, but her two legs were no match the the four that were chasing her.

''Be a good girl and come back to me. Trust me, you don't want me to have to catch you.'' The beast's voice spoke in her mind.

Was it a memory? Her imagination? Was she just going insane?

Like a fool, she broke the number one rule of being chased and she looked over her shoulder. The mix of confusion and fear that had washed over her, added to the fact that she had stopped looking where she was stepping resulted in the only logical conclusion.

Her foot landed on the rounded edge of a root and her ankle twisted under her. Despite the searing pain, she tried to keep walking, but the second she put weight on her ankle, she crumbled. Desperately, she started crawling away from her assailant.

''Be a good girl...'' the voice repeated.

Her eyes were filled with tears and she let out a yelp when a hand grabbed her shoulder.

''It's just me! It's just me!'' Yoongi said, raising his arms to show he didn't mean any harm.

''He's in my head...'' Yu muttered as a reply. ''The red-eyed beast...''

Yoongi's expression was usually cold and detached, but at that moment, it turned to being serious as he put both his hands on Yu's shoulder.

''Now you're going to listen to me very carefully; the only thing in your head right now is fear. If you don't start by calming down you can't expect to think straight... There you go, breathe, and then tell me what's going on. What the hell are you doing, barefoot, in the middle of the woods?''