Chapter 48 : Rivalry

The next morning Yoongi had to carefully pull himself out of Yu's grasp in an attempt not to wake her up when someone knocked on the suite's door.

Yoongi groggily walked up to the door and let Namjoon and Hoseok in the room.

''You shared the bed.'' Namjoon remarked coldy.

''How'd you know?'' Yoongi asked unfazed as the boys made their way to the little conference room adjacent to the suite.

''The covers on the couch are not messy and you smell like her.'' Namjoon stated bluntly. ''And here I thought you were the only one who could be trusted alone in a room with her.''

''She's the one who asked. She wasn't feeling good and I tried to help.'' Yoongi said defensively.

''She's under a lot of pressure and she's vulnerable. Making a move on her like this is a low shot.'' Namjoon retorqued.

Yoongi scoffed.

''You've been making moves on her from the day you realised she was a lycan. You don't get to talk to be about low shots.'' Hoseol replied.

''It took you a good while to bring her to the room and come back to the pool yesterday. And then when you came back you had her smell all over you and a bloody fist. You didn't really thing I wouldn't notice, did you?'' Namjoon asked.

''Don't you dare even insinuate that I hurt her! I'm the only one here who actually cares about her. You both just see her as a tool to protect the pack.'' Hoseok replied.

''If it was any of you two in this room with her I guarantee you would have done way more than cuddling in bed!'' Yoongi spat.

''Let's not argue about her, especially not here. If she wakes up and finds out, she'll be angry at herself.'' Namjoon said, trying to calm the game.

''You're mostly afraid of ruining your own chances with her, aren't you?'' A new voice said, coming from the outside of the room.

It was Taehuyng, walking in along with the rest of the group.

''She's sleeping like a log. She hasn't gotten much rest in the last few days, let's keep it down, she needs the extra sleep.'' Jin said while ushering the rest of the boys in and closing the door of the conference room.

''I'd rather we talk things out right now, I don't want her to witness tensions between us, so this might be the best time to talk honestly, but calmly.'' The oldest added while sitting down around the meeting table.

The rest of the boys seemed to find Jin's request sensible because they sat down and stayed quiet for a while before Namjoon gathered the courage to break the silence.

''I think this is too short of a notice for her to make a choice when it comes to her mate. She's overwhelmed and I'm afraid she'll end up making a rushed decision she might regret...'' Namjoon said.

''So basically you're saying we need to help her make a decision?'' Jungkook asked.

''No. He's saying we need to help her make the ''right'' decision, which he thinks is him.'' Jin said.

Namjoon sighed.

''I didn't say that.'' He argued.

''No but it's written all over your face. You've been wanting to be this pack's alpha from the start and you see Yuki as a means to an end.'' Hoseok said accusingly.

''I love her!'' Namjoon said, slamming his fist on the table, leaving the group surprised by his honesty. ''I know she has at least some feelings for me. We already kissed.'' Namjoon added.

''If kissing is basis enough to determine her feelings, then she has feelings for me too.'' Hoseok said provocatively.

''You guys have been kissing her! We made a deal to be gentlemen when we took her in! She's vulnerable, you can't toy with her feelings like this!'' Jin said, visibly shocked by the revelation. ''If you stopped playing fair don't expect me to stand back and watch! I can play this game too!''

''Stop treating her like some fragile child unable to think for herself! This whole conversation makes no sense, she can pick anyone she wants as her mate; even me! Stop trying to interfere with her decision!'' Jimin argued, visibly upset by the whole ordeal.

''Stop trying! She's not gonna pick you. I know girls and she sees you as a little brother that she needs to protect, nothing more. She's been acting coy, but she knew many of us had feelings for her and she was secretly playing in everyone's back. She's a manipulative bi-'' Tae said bitterly.

Jungkook sprung up and grabbed Taehyung by the collar.

''She risked her life for you and you dare insult her! You've all been roaming around her like a bunch of vultures; she can't be blamed for being confused! '' Jungkook said, uncharacteristically assertive over his older brother.

The bed outside the conference room creaked and everybody went silent as footsteps were heard. Yu eventually poked her head in the room, messy haired and sleepy looking.

''What vultures? If you needed help with big birds, you should have told me, I started hunting ducks at a super young age...'' Yu said cluelessly while stumbling in the room.

''Morning cutie, we're out of chairs, why don't you come sit on Jin-oppa's lap.'' Jin said with a perfectly clam smile as the rest of the boys were struggling to regain their composure.

Yu walked up to Jin, rubbing her eyes, before she sat on his lap, no questions asked.

''We've started making plans about how we'll get to the man's place.'' Namjoon lied seamlessly.

''If you want me to be your alpha, you've got to include me in these things.'' Yu asid with a cute pout.

''Sorry, you were sleeping so deep we didn't have the heart to wake you up.'' Hoseok said with a genuine smile now that he was looking at her.

''Let's start from where we left off...'' Jin said while pulling Yu slightly closer to him with a cocky smile in the rest of the boys direction.

Namjoon started briefing the plan he had been working on the day previous, but all the boys seldom paid attention to the content of the conversation.

Jin's behaviour had now made it clear; the hostilities were officially open when it came to claiming their place as Yu's mate.