Chapter 35 : Tough Call

Namjoon's weak point in combat was his speed, it wasn't planned that he would have to give chase at all in this plan for those reasons.

Still when Yu saw how much he struggled to weave through bullets and keep enough distance between him and the hunters, she couldn't help but be worried. Hoseok and Taehyung had made all that chasing look way too easy!

A bullet ripped through Namjoon's ear and she could hear his cry from afar.

''Come on Namjoon! You're almost there!'' Yu said, teeth clenched and waiting inside the cabin.

Namjoon let out a howl signalling that he had made it to the cabin's yard and when Yu saw the blood dripping on his face her anger only rose.

Namjoon ran inside the cabin, Yu closing the door behind him as he reverted back to his human shape, clutching the side of his face in pain.

Yu escorted him through the cabin to the back door before hiding herself in the shadow.

When the door busted open she jumped in front of the hunters and dodged a bullet aimed at her head before speaking her command.

''Sleep!''

Instantly the group of about 8 men crumbled to the cabin's floor and pain flashed through Yu's head.

As she walked out of the cabin, Taehuyng arrived, limping, but in one piece.

''First group of hunter is down. I put them to sleep for now but we still need to inject them with the sedatives to make sure they don't wake up.'' Namjoon said while coming to meet the two of them, half his face covered with fresh blood.

''I'll take care of it. I can't fight anymore so I might as well make myself useful here...'' Taehyung said in a cheerful tone but his eyes filled with shame.

''I'm staying back too, so I need someone to watch my back.'' Yu said before putting a comforting hand on Tae's shoulder.

''I'll go help Jimin's group. Jungkook seems to be holding off pretty well for now, but Hoseok is at his limit.'' Namjoon said into his microphone. ''Come to the shack J-Hope. Tae and Yu will be ready when you arrive!''

Namjoon then turned back in his wolf form and disappeared into the woods.

''Quick the sedatives are in the shack, I'll go check the camera to see how far Hoseok is.'' Yu said before splitting off with Tae.

Most screens had gone dark and it took her a while to find a shot of Hoseok, but when she did her heart nearly stopped.

She ran to see Tae in the cabin.

''Hoseok won't make it. He's wounded pretty badly. I have to go get him.'' Yu said in a panic.

''I'll watch the cameras and tell you if anything comes up.'' Tae said, surprisingly serious. ''Don't get yourself hurt or else I'll have to limp my way there to save you!''

Yu shifted and her wolf sent a wink in Taehuyng's direction making him crack a smile.

She rushed through the forest, following the smell of Hoseok's blood, and her own blood turning at the sheer amount her nose detected.

When she finally found him, Hoseok was crawling on his stomach, his lower back covered in blood, his wounded self had reverted back into human form. She crawled next to him and managed to struggle her way under him to lift him up on her own back and he whined softly.

''I never dreamed of getting a piggy back ride from you. How lucky am I?'' Hoseok said cheerfully, despite his pained voice.

Bullets rippled behind her and Yu growled while sending a dark glare at the hunters behind them. Hoseok's grip on her fur was weak and she was afraid he would slip if she ran at full speed, but at this point she had no choice.

She started running and barely felt the sting of a bullet lodging itself in her back thigh. She made it to the cabin where Taehuyng closed the door behind her.

''Fuck! Hoseok are you okay?'' Tae asked while taking his brother from Yu's back as the girl reverted to her human form, out of breath.

''You mean this scratch? Its nothing don't worry...'' Hoseok said calmly, but Yu saw how limply his legs hung and how a bullet hole was etched into his spine.

''Carry him out, I'll finish the hunters.'' Yu said as the footsteps of the hunters climbing the steps of the shack could be heard.

She kept herself hidden in the shadow and as soon as the door flew open she stepped out and let out her command.

''Sleep!'' she ordered.

Just like the first time, the hunters dropped to the floor and a sharp pain ripped through her head. This time, on top of the pain, she ended up so dizzy she stumbled and fell down on her knees.

Taehyung came back inside the shack with the syringe filled with the sedatives they needed to keep the hunters asleep and he immediately noticed Yu's worsened state.

''You can't keep doing this, you're close to your limit...'' Taehuyng said.

''I can manage one more group, but the next time I do this I'll probably be out...'' Yu admitted.

''Jimin, Jin, Yoongi and Namjoon tried stalling a group of about 15 hunters at the river side. Jungkook has about five more chasing him. The plan was to lure Jungkook's group here for you to put to sleep first and then the survivors of the other group also... This isn't gonna work...'' Tae realised. ''We have to decide which group to save.''

Helping one group was taking the risk of sacrificing the other one.

Taehyung was right. There was no way could Jungkook survive the attack alone when the hunters would catch up to him. Namjoon, Jimin, Jin and Yoongi didn't fare of much better since they were outnumbered themselves and now reaching the riverbank where they would be forced to fight, unable to keep moving forward.

What should they bet on, Jungkook being able to keep running, or the rest of the group being able to win a direct confrontation.