Chapter 42 : Made Minds

Jin was carefully inserting a tall syringe in Yu's forearm and pulling some blood into it.

''Biting me would be more efficient.'' Yu explained while Jin's expression was full of focus.

''Biting you would hurt you more.'' Jin explained categorically.

''I don't mind the pain.''

''I do mind you being in pain.'' Jin replied sternly. ''Besides, we're civilised people we can't just go biting each other for blood. I'll figure out how long the healing effects of your blood last and we can make some small reserves of it for emergencies.'' The man added while putting the syringe in an ice cooler.

''You might be a ''civilised person'' but I'm not. I'll shove my arm between any of you guys' teeth without a second thought if it means healing you when you need it.'' Yu replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

Jin grabbed Yu's forearm roughly and jerked her forward so she would have to look at him in the eyes.

''I won't let it happen. I don't want anybody biting you. I'll figure this blood stuff out.'' Jin argued, his tone started sharp, but it soon fell back to it's usual mellowness and he let go of Yu's arm before applying a cute pink band aid on the spot where he had drawn blood.

''You know this will have healed in under 10 seconds right?''

Jin looked down at his medical kit, a bit embarrassed.

''I know... but I still like to take care of you.'' He said under his breath.

Yu's eyes widened at his words, she had always considered that someone taking care of her meant that she was a burden. Yet, her depending on Jin actually made him happy. A smile appeared on her face and she got up.

''Thank you for taking good care of me.'' The girl said before pushing Jin's bangs back a bit and planting a soft kiss on his forehead.

The living room had been taken over by dozens upon dozens of books. Yu was surprised at the seemingly endless flow of books that Namjoon kept dragging out of his room.

''Do you have room to sleep with all those books stuffed in your bedroom?'' She asked.

''Barely!'' Namjoon said with a dimpled smile. ''I spent my whole life collecting these books about werewolves and supernatural stuff. Some of them are nothing more than centuries old poetry, but they still contain some clues that relate to our nature.'' Namjoon explained.

''You were raised by a human, so it's normal that you would have so many questions about wolf stuff...'' Yu remarked. ''Fortunately for you, I was raised as a wolf so I can probably answer most of your questions!''

''That's what I'm hoping.'' Namjoon said while opening his laptop, ready to take notes. ''Let's start at the very beginning, how much do you know about the origins of werewolves?''

Yuki scratched her head. ''Our kind is millennia old, so the history of our beginnings are more hearsay than archives, but I'll do my best. Bear in mind, these stories were told to me by my father when I was a child, so he might have omitted some parts that weren't kid friendly.'' The girl explained.

''Don't worry, I dealt with all the written archive available, hearsay is precisely what I'm after, I'm just trying to verify my own info.'' Namjoon said.

''My father told me that our kind emerged in a territory close to ancient Rome. The first lycan was named Lycaon. He was born a simple human but was abandoned in the forest to die when he was adopted by a pack of wild wolves. He managed to survive to adulthood and re-enter human society. To his surprise, humans were far more savage than beasts.