Chapter 61 : On Another Level

Jay expected the inside of the cave to be laced with traps, but nothing came their way.

It was almost like they didn't expect them to come, but most likely they had ran out of tricks with their display of traps outside the mine. The inside of the mine was pitch black, but his eyes quickly adapted to the darkness.

He walked through the mine, senses on high alert, expecting an ambush at every corner as the smell of Yuki got stronger and stronger with each step.

He finally arrived in a narrow corridor, where only two or three ghouls at a time could pass, because he felt that the distance between Yuki and him was now only a couple of meters. He ordered his men to stop so he could come forward and meet her.

When he turned the last corner of the tortuous corridor he heard a click and his vision turned to complete white.

A very powerful light assaulted his sharp eyes and blinded him temporarily, he blinked to adjust his vision, but the light had started flashing rapidly and it made him disoriented.

''Hello Jay.'' Yuki's voice spoke loudly from everywhere around the room.

Jay whipped his head around try to spot the origin of the sound and smell his way towards the real Yuki, but the whole room smelled like her; her blood was smeared all over the walls.

''Enough cheap tricks, come and fight me! You're an embarrassment to the Lycan race! Have you no honor!?'' Jay yelled, covering his eyes to protect them from the painful strain of the strobe light.

''Honor? You have waged war on peaceful packs and villages, transformed humans into ghouls to reap them of their humanity and feasted upon human flesh. If that is what you call honor, I want none of it.'' Yuki spoke, her voice reverberating across the room the multitude of speakers dissimulated along the ceilings and walls.

''Pathetic, naïve, little thing! You wouldn't have survived without me! I made you who you are! Everything you are you owe to me!'' Jay yelled.

''I owe you nothing; you didn't make me. At most, you tried to break me, but you failed.'' Yuki said calmly.

''After all these years, you're still a coward! The same scared little girl I rescued from the woods! Do yourself a service and surrender to your alpha!'' Jay said trying to provoke her.

''You won't be anybody's alpha after tonight; I'm not afraid of you.'' Yuki replied, her tone still firm.

''If you give me a good fight I promise I'll give you a son as a reward... I can't wait to put my mark on that pretty skin and mate you...'' Jay said his tone threatening.

Yuki scoffed and had a little laugh.

''Too late.'' The girl said.

Jay's eyes widened with rage at the implication that Yuki dared to mate with someone else than him.

''Stop fucking with me! I know you're fucking lying!'' he yelled as a black silhouette caught his eye.

His body reacted on its own and he pounced towards the shape transforming into his wolf shape halfway through the air. He aimed his claws at the silhouette, but instead of meeting flesh he met a thin plastic like texture that burst under his touch.

Before he could understand what was happening or meet the ground, he heard a shuffle above him and a golden net fell on his back as the floor disappeared under his feet.

He fell down what had turned out to be an old stone elevator shaft.

So the mine had more than one floor... was Jay's last thought before he landed to the bottom of the shaft where the lift was, his back burning from the golden net that had pulled him down and comically clenching to a deflated blow up doll.

He ripped the net from over him, black charred lines marking his skin where the net had burned him.

Jay looked up the old elevator shaft and saw that he was standing on the platform used to go from a level to the other, on the last floor.

He had fallen from the floor just above when jumping on a stupid blow up doll, but there was another floor just above that, a third floor right above the one where he had fallen.

Leaning over the edge of the shaft and waving down at him, Yuki gave Jay a playful smile.

''Sorry, but I'm not a blow-up doll. You should know better Jay; women are not objects... '' Yuki mocked him.

Jay growled and his wolf tried to plant his claws in the walls of the shaft to scale it but a gunshot split the air and a searing pain ripped through his shoulder. He turned around with a shocked expression as seven men stood in front of him on the lowest floor of the mine.

''Leaving so soon?'' A man with a playful expression said, despite the darkness of the mine, he wore dark sunglasses and was holding a, still smoking gun. ''Sorry guys, I aimed a bit too high, he's shorter than what I expected...'' Taehyung said in a belittling tone.

''I wonder how fast he'll climb with a bullet through the head...'' A gruff voice spoke, as Jay heard the click of the gun reloading and barely managed to twist his body to the side to avoid the bullet that whiffed right past his head.

''Aww come on, Yoongi! Don't kill him too fast, he hurt Yuki, we can't give him the mercy of a quick death...'' Hoseok said with a sadistic smile.

''If I were you, I would forget that stupid idea of climbing up there. Before you touch a single hair on our girl, you'll have to go through every single one of us.'' Namjoon spoke while taking aim at the man.

'' Namjoon spoke while taking aim at the man