Chapter 19 : The Hunt Part 3

Yu took another step forward and the hunter shot again. 

For an instant her figure seemed to blur and Namjoon realised that she had managed to dodge the second bullet with speed even his werewolf eyes couldn't keep up with.

She was now so close to the youngest hunter that he was startled and took a step back to readjust his aim.

''You asked for it, now one of them has to die.'' The eldest hunter said, his gun still aimed on the boys under the net.

Namjoon saw his finger about to squeeze the trigger and heard the shot gun the very next instant. 

When he turned towards his brothers he expected to see one of them resting in a puddle of blood, but instead there was Yu.

She had moved so fast it felt as if she had teleported between the hunters and the net. Her fist was closed in front of her and when she opened it, a bullet fell out of her hand.

She had... caught it?

Yu turned around to the net and grabbed it before the hunters had a chance to react. There was no sizzling sound as her skin met the silver and she ripped it in two like it was nothing but a piece of paper. The three men were finally free but they were covered in deep burn marks and unconscious.

Namjoon glanced at the hunters and their eyes were filled with nothing but terror.

They weren't expecting that one; Yu was a single trump card who had completely turned the tables on them. What was a crushing victory for the hunters a second ago was now filled with uncertainty...

Yu turned to look at them, her gaze filled with contempt and something animalistic, like a thirst for blood.

Namjoon didn't know what she wanted to do, but he could tell her intentions were darker than night. His reflection was cut by Yoongi's voice

''You lost your leverage and it's five to two now, the odds are against you. Put your guns down and leave. If you ever come back on our territory you won't get any mercy.'' Yoongi said sternly.

Yu stopped in her track and her fiery eyes suddenly got calmer.

''It's alright Yu, our brothers are saved. It's not worth fighting and risking any more lives. '' Hoseok added softly. ''

The two hunters made the move of slowly dropping their guns but Yu's eyes went back to their animalistic state and she stared in the distance.

Before Namjoon could wonder what was going on he heard the bang.

Of course the hunters would have a back-up plan before attacking a whole pack.

There was a third hunter ready to shoot them from afar and now that they had let their guard down and thought they had won they were about to pay the price for it.

The logical thing to do was get rid of Yu, the strongest player on the board. Without her they were dead meat.

Namjoon didn't even think before diving forward in Yu's direction and the bullet bit the flesh of his shoulder.

''STOP!'' She yelled in a tone so chilling it felt as if Namjoon's blood froze on the spot. He tried to turn back to look at her but he couldn't.

It was like his body was carved out of ice, no matter how much he tried he couldn't muster a single movement. Despite the sharp pain in his shoulder, he couldn't bring his arm to clench at the wound.

From the corner of his eye he could see Yoongi, his body was just as still as his own but his eyes were filled with fear.

Yu turned to the hunters and Namjoon saw that her eyes were different. Her expression was lifeless and her irises shone in a bright golden hue.

The two hunter fools couldn't move either. In their brother's distraction they had lifted their guns back up and were aiming at Yu, but now, their fingers were stuck, hovering above the trigger.

Yu turned towards them, her eyes glowing an uncanny yellow in the half-obscurity of the evening.

''Die.'' Her voice spoke in a tone closer to a growl.

The second she had given her command, Namjoon's control over his body returned and he turned his head to witness the macabre spectacle that was unfolding.

Panic took over the hunters' expressions as they turned their own weapons against themselves.

''No!'' Jin yelled, but the next instant two simultaneous bangs resounded and the hunters fell back.

Yu's eyes fluttered and their yellow glow faded before her knees buckled under her. Hoseok barely had time to catch her before she hit the ground.

''I hear the third one moving, he's running away.'' Yoongi stated before throwing Taehuyng's limp form over his shoulder.

''What the hell just happened!'' Hoseok asked, lifting an unconscious Yu up in his arms.

''Namjoon, you okay?'' Jin asked while looking at Namjoon's wounded shoulder and taking Jungkook on his back.

It didn't burn as much as he expected. When he looked down at his wound and saw the golden bullet buried in his flesh it all suddenly made sense.

Her speed and strength, how she had touched the silver net without getting burned, the way her words had stopped them in their tracks and now this golden bullet, undoubtedly intended for her.

Namjoon managed to haul Jimin on his back despite his painful shoulder.

''I only got shot with a golden bullet, if it was silver I'd be in trouble. ...'' Namjoon explained.

''Gold is not a weapon against normal werewolves. It's only useful against lycans.''Yoongi said coldly.

''You can't mean!'' Jin exclaimed.

''Yu isn't any regular wolf. She's one of the last lycans.'' Namjoon said.

Author's note: 

Author's note: 

Here you have it! Plot twist number one; Yu is actually a lycan (and a badass)!!! 

That explains a lot doesn't it!? 

How do you think the boy will react to learning her true identity? Let me just say, not everyone will be on the same page... 

Thank you some much for reading and have a lovely day!