Chapter 56 : Preparations

The next day was spend running around to unpack the ritual's material from their bags and to bring them to the ritual site.

A couple of minutes away from the mine there was a thin waterfall cutting trough the mountain site and falling into a shallow river.

The small river never went any deeper than about knee deep and it ran with a steady but weak current of clearwater. The river bank was large, but shallow, a flat rounded zone of about ankle deep water.

They were a couple meters away from the fall itself but a fresh mist of water droplets was still reaching them at the edge of the water, where they were laying their supplies down.

''Pretty!'' Yuki said, immediately kicking her shoes off and walking in the water.

''Careful no to slip on these rocks! They look pretty slick!'' Jin warned her as the girl came close to the waterfall.

She put her hand through the stream. It was powerful, but not violent enough to push her hand down. The fall itself wasn't so high so the water came out at a peaceful pace, nothing dangerous.

''You guys were complaining that we don't have running water; but this is nature's best version of a shower!'' Yu said excitedly while looking back at the boys.

''We just have to heat up a couple of buckets of water and use the pump we brought to get a nice warm shower in the safety of the mine.'' Namjoon said, while crouching to test the temperature of the riverside water.

''It's not that cold; it's nice and refreshing...'' Yu said with a calm smile. ''I like this place a lot!''

Tae put his fingers in front of his face in a frame shape.

''Yeah, this place is scenic enough. I'll make it work.'' The man said, his mind set on decorating this like a wedding venue.

''We need to start purifying the site with incense and trace a salt circle around the zone we want to do the ritual in.'' Namjoon replied, all business.

''We'll need some flowers and we'll build a nice arbor...'' Taehuyng said, totally ignoring Namjoon.

''If we hurry up and get the ritual stuff out of the way right now, you guys will have the rest of the day to decorate and plan the wedding stuff...'' Yuki suggested.

This was all the convincing Tae needed to light up an incense stick and start helping to prep the site.

As the were clearing the site of any debris and tracing a perfect salt circle, Namjoon was going over the steps of the ritual for maybe the hundredth time. Every now and then he stopped and asked members the next step to follow, quizzing them to make sure that the ritual would go down without any hesitation from anyone.

Yuki was tracing symbols around the perimeter of the salt circle then had created. She was creating rough depictions of the phases of the moon on the forest floor by lining up small quartz pebbles.

They then covered the inside of the circle entirely with wood coal and incense, before lighting it on fire. By the time the coal would have completely burned and become ashes, the site would be perfectly purified.

It was noon when they were effectively done with the preparation for the ritual and they quickly switched gears to get down to the ''wedding'' stuff.

''We'll be hungry after the ceremony, I'll go cook something good!'' Jin suggested.

''I'll go hunt something for you to cook!'' Yu said, relieved she found a way she could make herself useful.

''Tsk-tsk...'' Taehyung said, shaking his head. ''You're not going anywhere; I'm going to do your hair and fit your dress!''

Yu pouted.

''That sounds boring; I wanted to go kill something yummy...'' Yu complained.

''I'll go hunt dinner...'' Yoongi said, leaving everyone surprised that he was willing to participate. ''What do you want to eat?'' he asked Yuki.

''Duck is the best!'' Yuki exclaimed excitedly.

''Of course you picked a flying animal that's extra hard to catch... fiiiine... I guess I'll hunt you a couple of ducks...'' Yoongi complained, before turning around to camouflage a faint smile on his face.

''I'll cook you some super yummy slow roasted honey duck!'' Jin said, squeezing Yu's cheeks as she beamed with excitement.

''I'll go find some flowers!'' Jimin suggested, excitedly.

''I'll cut some wood to build a little arch shaped arbor...'' Jungkook said, pulling out his sketch book to reveal that he already sketched out a plan of it.

''That looks good! Let me help you make it!'' Namjoon said while peeking over Jungkook's shoulder.

''I can help with the flowers!'' Hoseok said happily. ''If there's anything else you think you might want just say the word!''

Hoseok's proposition flew right over Yuki's head as she was dancing in place and singing to herself.

''Honey duck... juicy duck... roasted duck... yummy duck...''

After a nice refreshing shower at the waterfall, Yu made her way back to the mine where Taehyung was waiting for her

He grabbed a towel to help her dry her hair as he sat cross legged in front of the fire, gesturing for her to come sit in front of him.

''That time on the roof... you were right Tae... I hurt all of your feelings while trying to chose one of you... but I swear that I'll make it up to you...'' Yuki said, eyes fixated on the dancing flames.

''Forget what I said that night... I took out my frustration on you, but you didn't deserve it... I guess I was just a bit jealous...'' the man admitted while switching from a towel to a hairbrush and slowly combing Yuki's hair.

''I'll find a way to make all of you happy. It won't be easy, but I swear I will do my best to be there for all of you...'' Yu said in the tone of a promise.

Taehyung rested his chin on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her, inhaling the sweet smell of her shampoo.

''You already did. When you walked into our lives, happiness followed you.'' Tae said.

Butterflies fluttered in Yuki's stomach, and she felt a weight lift off her shoulders. Her fear of having ruined the lives of the people she cared most about suddenly dissipated.

Despite all her mistakes and her past, she was loved.

''Tae, can you do me a favour?''

''Anything you want.''

''Please, make me pretty.'' Yuki asked.

Taehyung chuckled.

''Too late; you're already gorgeous, but I guess I can make you extra stunning if that's what you want.''

''Everybody is working so hard on this ceremony. I want to surprise the boys by looking like a real bride...'' Yuki explained.

''Say no more, Tae-Tae got you.'' Taehyung said his eyes shining with excitement.