Chapter 6 : Sleepless Night

Jin took care of the multitude of small cuts on her feet and legs

Jin took care of the multitude of small cuts on her feet and legs. The disinfectant stung a bit but Yu remained straight faced. She was distracted by the many scars already carved into her skin. They were old and faded, but she could tell some came from deep wounds. It was odd having no idea where they came from.

One scar in particular caught her attention, it crossed her right forearm, the four parallel cuts were long healed, but it was easy to tell they came from a set of huge claws.

She softly ran her hand along the cut and a sharp pain went through her head, causing her to slump forward and grab it in pain.

''Did you really think you could run from me?'' a deep, strangely familiar voice said. ''It's just a scratch, stop whining and apologize before I get really angry...''

She held her arm against her chest, feeling the warm blood soak through her shirt.

''I'm sorry.'' She said between her gritted teeth, fighting the tears tingling in her eyes.

A land landed on her head, petting her hair like one would with a dog.

''Be a good girl and look me in the eyes, I need to see that you really mean it. Apologize for what you did wrong and promise to do better next time....'' the man said.

Yu felt anger boil through her and she sent the man the angriest glare she could summon. The instant she met the man's red eyes chills ran up her back and her courage almost faltered.

''I'm sorry for my failed attempt at an escape. Next time I promise to run faster.'' The girl spat coldly.

The man laughed at her taunt and the soft pat on her head turned into an iron grip on her hair.

''I guess I'll have to teach you how how to properly beg for forgiveness...''

''Yu...'' Jin snapped her out of her reminiscence by rubbing a soothing hand up and down her back. ''Your eyes went blank for a minute and you're shaking like a leaf... You really need some rest...'' he insisted while assisting her to lay down by supporting her neck and tucking her in under Jimin's fluffy covers.

''Yes... rest...'' Yu agreed letting herself drift into sleep.

Her sleep was restless, she kept seeing the red eyes and incoherent scenes seemingly assembled from her faded memories. The whole thing was so distorted that she couldn't make up any event clearly, let alone distinguish the truth from the figments of her imagination.

She shot up in Jimin's bed, covered in cold sweats and out of breath.

Apparently, dreaming of running was good for one's cardio...

The first light of the early morning lazily lit up the room and Yu concluded that she wouldn't manage to get anymore sleep. So she got up from the bed and tiptoed her way out of Jimin's room to explore the human home a bit,