Chapter 52 : Destiny

The cool night air soothed her mind and having time to think by herself was precisely what she needed, so Yuki stayed on the roof for hours on end, pondering.

Who should she choose as a mate?

Taehyung lacked some maturity, but he radiated confidence and would be a natural at using dominion. He was an atypical thinker by nature, seeing problems at a different angle than everybody else and thinking outside the box, the perfect type to find solutions to imposible problems.

Jimin was already a strong fighter and he was the type to never get discouraged until he succeeded, which would make him an unstoppable force on the battlefield. On the other hand, he had trouble controlling his emotions which could put the pack at risk.

Jungkook lacked experience, but he had the instinct of a true warrior, he had the most room for growth out of all the boys and his potential was limitless. He had no specific weak point that Yu could think of, but he had yet to hone any of his skill to his full potential and time was of the essence.

Hoseok was fiercely protective of the pack already and he would go to any extent if it meant keeping his people safe. However it was safe to assume that he would take it the hardest out of the group if one of his decisions led to someone getting hurt.

Jin was a quiet force, perhaps the one who understood the strength and weaknesses of every member of the pack the most, he could for sure make the best out of everyone's skills. His dislike for violence however might make him too passive to lead into battle.

Yoongi was experienced and wise. His rational thinking and level headedness had already saved their lives before and it could save them again. Unfortunately, he would hate every second of being in charge and he would despise using dominion on his pack members.

Namjoon on the other hand would thrive as a leader, he had the brains to coordinate the team and the strength to lead. He would be the most obvious choice from an outsider's perspective. Yu still feared that his ego might get in the way of his judgement.

The more she studied her options, the farther her answer slipped away. A voice was also nagging in the back of her head.

Stop trying to chose a leader and try to chose the one you love most, the voice said.

Yu sighed, because somehow that option was even harder.

All of them had shared moments of complicity with her. Each of them brought a smile to her face when she closed her eyes to think of them. In one way or another, they had all touched her heart.

If only one of them was already alpha when she arrived in the pack, things would have been so much easier...

What were the damn chances of her landing in a pack of seven dreamy men without an alpha? It was so unlikely that it felt like life itself was playing a big fat joke on her by putting her in front of the most impossible of choices.

''Oh how destiny must find herself funny right now!'' Yu muttered while kicking the air.

Suddenly, as dawn peaked over the horizon line her eyes lit up.

''Destiny...'' she said to herself.

'' she said to herself