Chapter 10 : Stronger

As Yu and Taehyung were making their way back to the kitchen to show off her outfit to the rest of the pack, when they heard a commotion in the living room.

Yu's eyes widened in fear at the sound of what appeared to be gun's blazing and and Hoseok's scream of distress. Her body moved on her own and she dashed towards the living room, ready to fight.

She was expecting to fall on a warzone, but instead she only saw the boys sitting around on a big couch in front of a weird window full of little people with guns...

The little people would be easy to crush; she was ready to fight them to protect this pack. Her eyes filled with determination, she closed her fist and just as she was about to swing it at the screen, Jin jumped in the way and she just nearly stopped herself from decking him in the face.

''Woah! Easy! You don't want to disfigure a handsome face like this one!'' he exclaimed. ''You don't have to be scared. This is just a TV, and they're playing video games. What's on the screen isn't real, it's just an image made of light...'' Jin explained before running his hand over the flat surface of the screen, proving it was harmless.

''I heard Hoseok scream...'' Yu said, giving a worried look in Hoseok's direction.

''I'm fine, don't worry Yu.'' He said with a reassuring smile while turning away from the screen.

''No you're not! You're getting your ass kicked by Jungkook, again!' Tae corrected while pointing to the screen.

Hoseok turned back to the screen and his expression changed to surprise as he frantically pressed on the multiple buttons off the weird thing he was holding.

''Noooo!!!!'' he exclaimed before Jungkook stood up with a triumphant smile.

''Yes!'' Jungkook said. ''Another win!''

''Now that your game is over, you should let Yu give it a shot, maybe she would enjoy it!'' Jin suggested.

Jungkook pouted childishly.

''Holding back in boring, count me out...'' Jungkook said before putting the controller down.

In truth, he was just too embarrassed by the idea of being the one to teach Yu how to play...

''I'll show you...'' Namjoon said, before taking the second controller.

He wasn't the best player, but he was undeniably the best teacher. He took his time explaining to Yu the different controls and the jist of the game before he actually started the first round.

''If you have any question, just ask me I'll go easy on you...'' he said encouragingly.

Yu nodded, already absorbed with the task ahead of her.

''How are you managing so far, do you need any help?'' Namjoon asked.

''I'm okay, it's not that hard...'' Yu said.

''You're a fast learner, uh?''

Namjoon looked at her side of the screen and his eyes widened in surprise.

''How did you do this? You have all those kills already!?'' he exclaimed not quite believing his eyes.

Yu's fingers were moving on the controller at a speed that could only be classified as super human and she was on a real carnage.

''Are you sure you never played before?'' Jungkook asked, in disbelief.

''These fights aren't realistic at all, the hits are much too slow... and real bullets aren't that easy to dodge...'' Yu said in a matter of fact tone.