Chapter 29 : Blunt Strike

Yu was debating whether or not to just declare Yoongi the winner and step out from this confrontation, but Yoongi spoke first.

''You act like you're the only person here who knows what war means, but I know what it means to fight for my life, so don't expect me to cower in fear in front of the likes of you. I won't hold back, so I expect the same from you.'' Yoongi said seriously.

Could it be he was actually looking forward to this fight to settle the score between them? Yoongi wasn't the best at talking about his feelings, but she could see in his eyes that he had a point to make and that he wanted to make it with his fists.

''You thinking I would hold back only goes to show that you have no idea what type of person I am.'' Yu stated before stepping into her fighting stance.

Yoongi imitated her and Jin stood between them, to count the start of the spar.

''It's just training, the both of you shouldn't overdo it, alright?'' Jin said, clearly worried about how intense the mood had gotten. ''3, 2, 1...'' he counted stepping away at one.

He barely had time to get out of the way before Yoongi launched forward at impressive speed, his fist barely missing Yu's stomach before she dodged with a spin that turned into a back kick.

Yoongi almost managed to grab her foot and throw her down but her momentum was so strong that she got herself out of his grip. His catching her still threw her off balance and as she was stumbling back Yoongi jumped forward onto her, relentlessly attacking her while she kept dodging.

Yoongi was a really hard match for her fighting style, she relied on few powerful attacks to quickly overpower her opponents, but Yoongi was on her level if not equal when it came to speed. Dodging his attacks was hard enough and she knew that even if she tried to hit back he was swift enough to dodge.

She had to turn the tides of the fight so it wouldn't be a match of speed anymore and so she could use her strength to her advantage.

Before she could formulate a plan, the opportunity rose by itself, Yoongi took a step back, out of breath, taking a defensive stance.

Could it be that he didn't have as high stamina as her and that he was trying to get this fight to end quickly?

Now she was the one on the attacking end and he was inviting her to attack him.

She jumped on the opportunity and threw a ridiculously strong punch that Yoongi dodged easily.

''You're actually pretty good!'' Yu remarqued, surprised that the fight was this even.

''We all got adopted by the same man, but not in the same circumstances. I was raised in a pack lead by a lycan for many years, so I was forced to learn how to fight.'' Yoongi said before dodging Yu's elbow and hitting her exposed ribcage.

Yu winced at the hit but kept her composure and kept attacking while Yoongi dodged her moves with the elegance of a dancer. Trying to land a hit on him was like trying to catch smoke.

Now that she was the one attacking, her breath was starting to run out while Yoongi was managing to save his energy.

''You're stronger than me, but I know how to win against people who are stronger that I am. To survive, I had to be smarter than the Lycan toying with my mind. Compared to him, you're really no big deal.'' Yoongi said while juming to the side, letting her hit air for the hundredth time.

''What are you getting at? If you have somehitng to say; say it!'' Yu replied, Yoongi's attitude was staring to get on her nerves.

''You already controlled our mind once and you will do it again! Nobody here seems to have a problem with it because they haven't experienced losing their freedom yet. I'm not about to let my brothers suffer the same shit I went through. You don't know what it is when someone takes everything you are away from you and uses you as a tool. '' Yoongi said coldly, still dodging Yu's attacks.